Thread: Never braked from San Jose to palo alto with 55~65mph and end up with only 42MPG?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Anything makes the MPG tank in this car. You have to cross your fingers, take your foot off the gas/brakes, and then stars need to align to get 50+ results in the CVT from my experience. Even with the cruise.

Obviously tire pressure needs to be good, alignment good, and air filter. Then keep it 65 or less. Make sure you fill up at a 'good' gas station(I see a big difference at some). Likely the federals are knocking a few MPG off. Honestly I average somewhere around the same as you.

Intense city driving makes the MPG gauge nose dive. I am pretty sure it's still getting in the 30s but the gauge does not reflect it. I wouldn't be too upset with 42MPG. If I remember correct the optimal speed to MPG for this car was somewhere around 40MPH so maybe even slower could help.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mirageman38 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-26-2020),poorman1 (02-25-2020)