Thread: Rattling Sound when braking

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks

Rattling Sound when braking

Anyone experienced rattling sound when pressing the brakes but if im not stepping on the brakes theres no rattling sound? I have this issue since last year and none of the shops I asked can fix and find the cause of rattling.

The sound is coming from the front.

Thank you guys.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    When this noise happens, do you notice the steering wheel moving? This article will better explain:

Bedding rotors

Quote Originally Posted by Brake Performance
    Bedding In Brake Rotors

Anytime you install new brake rotors, brake pads, or both, it's advantageous to bed in your new brakes. Bedding in your brakes is just an industry term to explain breaking in your new brakes. Bedding in your brakes helps transfer an even layer of brake pad material onto the brake rotor which assists in smoother brake operation and improved braking power.

Having a uniform layer of pad material on the brake rotor is essential to minimizing brake squeal and vibration. For this procedure, you will need a good stretch of road and no traffic.
    Your symptoms remind me of this. I used to think it was warped rotors. Another possibility would be failing wheel bearing(s). Have you checked for any debris in the brakes such as stones?
    Last edited by Eggman; 03-03-2020 at 08:53 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    I already have my brakes cleaned multiple times but still the rattling noise appears when i drove for about 2 or 3 kilometers. could it be the calipers rubbers already worn out thats why its causing rattling when braking? I remember it starts after I replaced my wheel bearing on the driver side.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cheezekeyk View Post
    I already have my brakes cleaned multiple times but still the rattling noise appears when i drove for about 2 or 3 kilometers. could it be the calipers rubbers already worn out thats why its causing rattling when braking? I remember it starts after I replaced my wheel bearing on the driver side.
    would you be able to upload a video so that we can hear the noise of the rattling your encountering.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)