Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Brand new uninformed idiotic review of the 2020 Mirage on youtube

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    You should get aboard on this Eggman. It serves a purpose.
    I hear what you're saying, and I feel that I've gone over and above promoting the Mirage, particularly here on the forum. I suspect folks who seriously consider getting one will try to get an owner's perspective, and well here we are.

I can't help but see this as an emotional response based on confirmation bias. I'm comfortable with my decision to buy one, and I'm comfortable in the knowledge that these cars are not for everybody. The Mirage is but one small bit in the overall automotive market. If someone asks me directly, I'll give my opinion and experience with my Mirage. It's obvious that not everyone who critiques a car hasn't taken the time to drive one, and that speaks for that individual.

I find it ironic to hear individuals posting here on the forum making insulting posts about Snowflakes then turn around and engage in overreactions. Myself included...

Basically, if you don't like the trolls, ignore 'em and don't feed 'em. Don't let the bums get to you.

Last edited by Eggman; 03-15-2020 at 02:15 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I hear what you're saying, and I feel that I've gone over and above promoting the Mirage, particularly here on the forum. I suspect folks who seriously consider getting one will try to get an owner's perspective, and well here we are.

I can't help but see this as an emotional response based on confirmation bias. I'm comfortable with my decision to buy one, and I'm comfortable in the knowledge that these cars are not for everybody. The Mirage is but one small bit in the overall automotive market. If someone asks me directly, I'll give my opinion and experience with my Mirage. It's obvious that not everyone who critiques a car hasn't taken the time to drive one, and that speaks for that individual.

I find it ironic to hear individuals posting here on the forum making insulting posts about Snowflakes then turn around and engage in overreactions. Myself included...

Basically, if you don't like the trolls, ignore 'em and don't feed 'em. Don't let the bums get to you.
    It's not a matter of trolling though. It's a matter of an auto critic engaging in alarmism and hyperbole. I'm not fighting the propaganda war for my feelings, I'm fighting for more sales and cheaper parts. Cause and effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Lol, he turned the comments off. More heat than he could handle!
    I didn’t even get a chance to comment, let alone watch the video yet lol been too busy making videos of me wasting toilet paper

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (03-15-2020),MetroMPG (03-19-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Hi fellas, I came across this total nut advocating for the Mirage to be discontinued. He makes blandly false statements and innuendos. Please help me dogpile on this fool's message board.

https://youtu.be/PuDqjwbKCV4
    Does this youtube.com clip still exist?

I must admit that I only commented to the title of the clip. I never wasted my time watching a second of it.

I didn't see him winning anyone over in the comment section.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    You get online reviewers whose sole purpose in life is to knit pick and hate on things. Take a look at the 140+ comments to this post on reddit. The review is about 3 days in a Mitsubishi Mirage rental.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cars/commen...ubishi_mirage/

I just told the youtube guy that he should drive the Mirage, before judging it. It's a tangible thing, you can't know if an orange is a good tasting one by looking at it. Anyways at least this dude wasn't just trolling and actually drove the Mirage before, but he is pretty brutal. At least he gets the throwback aspect to the car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Oh boy the Fiat. The least reliable most expensive ($10k more) 4 door POS but at least the handling is good for the 10 miles it works.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I kinda see Dirks point on this one. It isn't about trying to justify our ownership of these cars, it's strategically swaying mis-information whenever we can to try keeping the third party market alive. Then again, it might be wasted effort with Youtuber's with such a small audience like this guy has. Most of the comments were from Mirage supporters. The Doug Demuro review is the first one the pops up whenever you search for the 6th gen Mirage and has substantially more views & negative comments. Although I have to say, his discontent with the car is what got me looking into the Mirage to begin with..and the rest is history.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.5 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by precisionxt View Post
    I kinda see Dirks point on this one. It isn't about trying to justify our ownership of these cars, it's strategically swaying mis-information whenever we can to try keeping the third party market alive. Then again, it might be wasted effort with Youtuber's with such a small audience like this guy has. Most of the comments were from Mirage supporters. The Doug Demuro review is the first one the pops up whenever you search for the 6th gen Mirage and has substantially more views & negative comments. Although I have to say, his discontent with the car is what got me looking into the Mirage to begin with..and the rest is history.
    The value of the Mirage can be somewhat lost in its pricing. I blame that on Mitsubishi, because they could do a much better job of marketing the Mirage. I somewhat understand where these nut jobs are coming from, but I am also smart enough to look past that, too.

The reality is this -
    The 2020 Honda Fit LX CVT has a MSRP/destination charge of $17,945.
    The 2020 Mitsubishi Mirage ES CVT has a MSRP/destination charge of $16,435.

These are base models with CVT added. When comparing MSRP prices, an extra $1,510 will buy you a 130 hp Honda Fit. If you don't look past this point, the Mirage doesn't come across as a great bargain.

Since 2017, the Mirage ES has experienced more & more added standard features. In my opinion, a base level 2020 Mirage is no longer that basic or affordable. Does that justify dropping the Mirage? No!

I would market the Mirage differently, & that might help low IQ car critics see the value of the Mirage better!

If you want a car that's a affordable, reliable, and economical, a highly discounted Mirage is king! The Fit just can't compete. A good car critic would discover that for consumers, but no!

Ironically, the really nice small cars like the Prius c & Fit are disappearing. Meanwhile, the Mirage is still standing. Given the harsh criticism, lack of dealerships, and confusing deals, I find that somewhat amazing!

Crap, I missed it!

The video appears to be gone now. At least the link is dead.

Maybe he reposted to make all you mean commenters go away.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I own a 2014 Mirage ES, and I paid $12,495 + taxes, shipping etc. Expensive to me, but has been a pretty good car for my requirements ever since.

I could never imagine driving a fully-loaded Mirage. It's a car to be bought in basic form.

Otherwise, you're adding tinsel to a k-car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)