Page 7 of 95 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Discussion

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozziekyu View Post
    I got banned from UberEats ,can do UberX only

suburbs? maybe less driver in there, everytime I open PAX app I saw at least 6 drivers around me within 1mi in SF... no wonder why I got no requests, do you have ieda where in SF Bay I could go? 1hr to south I can get to San Jose, 1hr to north I can get to San Radael, 1hr to east I can get to Piedmont...but these area normally dont have many requests even in normal days
    You need to get up at 4am and hit the road by 5am. Drive 2 hours south if you have to. With Mirages, dead miles aren't a big deal, take advantage of this. Go to a country town with a Wal-Mart. Park in front of it and chill. Also help people with their shopping bags to get tips!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm not sure that riding around with strangers in your car is such a good idea. You are drastically increasing your chances of getting sick and spreading it to others.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stevedmc For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-20-2020),MacClyver (03-20-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    I'm not sure that riding around with strangers in your car is such a good idea. You are drastically increasing your chances of getting sick and spreading it to others.
    Wisconsin DMV has cancelled all driving tests for a few weeks. I am holding off on driving lessons, because I've had a cold myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Fozziekyu View Post
    Uber is completely dead, lost source of income. even I want to live in a van/car I wont be able to bath because Gym is closed, Keep paying rent is hard because I dont have saving ,Just applyed two jobs, hopefully I can make it
    Look into liquor delivery! Business is good out my way. Same with grocery delivery it there is a 3-4 day backlog. My advice with credit cards is don't use them like a loan. If you're broke try to get a loan or line of credit before getting into a credit card debt that's hard to dig out of. But easier said than done if you don't have a fixed address, or job and banks are closed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-20-2020),poorman1 (03-20-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Can't say I've ever understood why Lyft and Uber appeal to anyone. A few years ago just for fun I put my commute in just for a laugh. Laugh I did, round trip my commute would be over $40. As compared to about $1.50 in gas to drive. Or an hour each way to bike. Unless your using it as a drunk taxi I can't see why.

Or why people would want to drive for them. From stuff I've read it seems like sporadic marginal income at best. But if that's what you need to do to keep your home, best of luck to you. Stay well!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,543 Times in 1,475 Posts
    I'm sure Dirk is prepared...

Name:  dirk.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  62.9 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-20-2020),poorman1 (03-20-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    I just do it part time when I'm not doing memory care or at the FTC. I thought about driving with my PPEs on but didn't want to scare any of my pax. For the 30 million Americans in the hotel/restaurant industry put out of work, ride share is a lifeline. It's either drive/work or wait around for a govt check that might or might not come. I understand someone rather be driving/working.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    First they said everyone making under $75k is going to get a $1200 check. Then they said $600. Then they said it'll be a tax rebate, which doesn't help millions in this country. Folks need a check in the mail or a direct deposit, period. Otherwise we are going to have chaos on the streets when gas/water/power gets shut off for a fifth of Americans, not to mention rents not getting paid. 48% of Americans have less than a 1k bucks in savings. We're a check to check nation like it or not.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This irks me. Why 75k. Why is someone at 74999 going to need this but 75000 wont. Even worse is the joint proposal. 150k you can still individually make over 75k and qualify. That's some BS. Totally doesn't factor in cost of living in say NYC. If you live together and just aren't married you could be getting screwed.

As for the savings statistic that is very misleading. Not in savings = it could be in checking, retirement accounts, or invested. The real savings across all types of accounts is much higher.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    https://www.cnbc.com/2015/10/06/near...gs-survey.html

We're paying 3rd world wages in a 1st world country.