Page 19 of 95 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Discussion

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MacClyver View Post
    My computers and phone are all I have that can go online. In an age of Wifi connected fridges and lightbulbs that's pretty off the grid. I've never liked watered down mobile web pages, though the utility is nice. When they finally shut 3g down I'll probably get a basic phone, if they still exist by then.

The fact the Mirage doesn't have telematics adds value to me .

If google is worth it to you, by all means enjoy. As I watch Youtube I'm sure even I leave enough crumbs for them if they really wanted to try, no reason to make it easy though.
    I have 1 laptop that goes online, and that is it. I prefer wired cable connection, instead of wi fi. My wi fi router is weak and puny, so my signal my house gives out is faint. I don't have my mainframe CPU chained to the wall, but I should.

My xbox one runs bad and crashes all the time with no gold membership and no 50 mbps internet or whatever... I live offline and play campaign mode for games.. and my ps3 can go online, but I don't.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    My xbox one runs bad and crashes all the time with no gold membership and no 50 mbps internet or whatever... I live offline and play campaign mode for games.. and my ps3 can go online, but I don't.
    Don't even get me started on those console subscriptions. These days consoles don't have many exclusives or good couch coop games. Now they want $10+ a month just to do the same you can do on PC for free. This is why PS3 was my last real console I used heavily. Back in those days if you bought the subscription they gave you AAA games to keep for life. Now I have a full MAME emulator system setup and that can get me by for couch coop all the way from Atari through wii. The rest is PC gaming.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    Don't even get me started on those console subscriptions. These days consoles don't have many exclusives or good couch coop games. Now they want $10+ a month just to do the same you can do on PC for free. This is why PS3 was my last real console I used heavily. Back in those days if you bought the subscription they gave you AAA games to keep for life. Now I have a full MAME emulator system setup and that can get me by for couch coop all the way from Atari through wii. The rest is PC gaming.
    I bought an xbox one for 1 purpose, to play Forza 5 and just the campaign mode. I don't need Gold, I had online for a weekend free promo. Actual human drivers are cheap and petty and will cheat to win..so I prefer racing against the computer anyway.

I think Forza 5 is the last Forza with Jeremy from Top Gear in it, so I enjoy the history of the cars part as well.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,830 Times in 2,135 Posts
    I want to thank everyone who is staying home, minimizing their travel and in-person interactions. Healthcare facilities are scrambling to accommodate a surge in patients. Some communities are really struggling to keep up. The less this virus is able to carry from one person to the next, the better.

I hope everyone is getting by without undue hardships during this pause in our normal daily lives.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Does anybody else know of someone who's been infected?

Aside from my American cousins, none of my family or friends has had it (that we know of).

The owner of a popular restaurant in town is on a ventilator -- mid-50's.

My brother's neighbour is a doctor -- he's running one of the dedicated testing clinics.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post

Aside from my American cousins, none of my family or friends has had it (that we know of).

My brother's neighbour is a doctor -- he's running one of the dedicated testing clinics.
    I don't want to get into any geographical specifics, this being the internet, but my sister's in-laws' neighbours, older people and they got it after going to Europe I believe. Not someone I "know", but in the circle.

Last night the USA hit a new grim world record of 2000+ deaths in 24 hours.

We had a rough flu sweep through work in February so you wonder.

Hopefully they find a good vaccine ASAP.
    Last edited by dspace9; 04-11-2020 at 03:46 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

A girl I went to high school has it. Another friend of mine has had 9 church members of his die from COVID19.

If/when testing is expanded to the general population (asymptomatic), it will be interesting to find out who had it and didn't even know.

Outside of my family, I know of one other who had it: an employee of an acquaintance who lives in Ottawa. Recovered.

6 degrees of Kevin Bacon.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Clever social distancing PSA from Ohio...

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Clever social distancing PSA from Ohio...

Clever, drives the point... not that you need cartoons to explain everything to everyone...