Page 28 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Discussion

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Crazy. A friend just got his cat-converter stolen this morning! Crazy. But, according to the local news here, crime in Minneapolis has jumped up a crazy percentage too. I guess it's the heat and unemployed that are doing literally nothing else but to make more money by stealing and selling?

Anyways, our city just mandated masks for any indoors public area. I've got a mask and hand sanitizers in both of our cars at the moment. Most restaurants are doing indoor seating but every other seat and a maximum of 5 people in one household.

Still, I see people doing this everyday and they were just chatting. I don't know if they're related or not but it is what it is.
    Name:  wut.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  91.3 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Masks are mandatory here in WI starting Sat. I will wear a little chin mounted half shield. I won't be rebreathing my excreated breath. If we were supposed to re breathe our discarded c02 breath, we would be designed that way.

Saw a lady wearing a beard net as a mask today to enter a store. Lmao

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2of9 View Post
    Crazy. A friend just got his cat-converter stolen this morning! Crazy. But, according to the local news here, crime in Minneapolis has jumped up a crazy percentage too. I guess it's the heat and unemployed that are doing literally nothing else but to make more money by stealing and selling?

Anyways, our city just mandated masks for any indoors public area. I've got a mask and hand sanitizers in both of our cars at the moment. Most restaurants are doing indoor seating but every other seat and a maximum of 5 people in one household.

Still, I see people doing this everyday and they were just chatting. I don't know if they're related or not but it is what it is.
    Name:  wut.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  91.3 KB
    I heard there's a big crime syndicate runs out of Fargo ND. Uses Somali muscle for unsavory acts in Minneapolis dontchaknow? You betcha.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Everytime I read your posts I hear it in Minnesota Nice accent lol.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

2of9 (08-21-2020)

I just finished the first season of Fargo on netflix. It seemed like a bunch of the people talked like ned flanders trying to be Canadian.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I just finished the first season of Fargo on netflix. It seemed like a bunch of the people talked like ned flanders trying to be Canadian.
    Sorry to interject, but my ex is from out west, and she always said that Ontarians have a WAY thicker accent than someone from Manitoba or Alberta etc.

Not sure how to supplant this post with sound evidence. Ontario doesn't sound like Michiganers or Wisconsin or Minnesota. But definitely has a twang that you don't get out west, or in the midwest.

Is Steve Beluchi in the new Fargo?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

I know not. I just finished the first season.

I didn't notice any accent from the people I know from Ontario. Watch a couple Ostacruiser videos on youtube and tell me he doesn't sound too Canadian.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I know not. I just finished the first season.

I didn't notice any accent from the people I know from Ontario. Watch a couple Ostacruiser videos on youtube and tell me he doesn't sound too Canadian.
    Yea eh, he sounds way too Canadian. Going with that, the obsession with 4 wheelers. My friend has a 3 wheeler but the fuel cap broke somehow and spilled fuel everywhere at the local car wash. Anyway.

Where is the Nordiques toque? Like the guys in plaid on SCTV. Rich Moranis and Doug on SCTV. I like it how the show SCTV has all these connections to Saturday night Live.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Yea eh, he sounds way too Canadian. Going with that, the obsession with 4 wheelers. My friend has a 3 wheeler but the fuel cap broke somehow and spilled fuel everywhere at the local car wash. Anyway.

Where is the Nordiques toque? Like the guys in plaid on SCTV. Rich Moranis and Doug on SCTV. I like it how the show SCTV has all these connections to Saturday night Live.
    Remember the film "Strange Brew"?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Remember the film "Strange Brew"?
    No not at first eh. But after googling Strange Brew, I kinda recall that movie. In 1983, I was 1 years old. So I remember Bob and Doug MacKenzie material from like fuzzy early memories.

I know that The Trailer Park Boys has a cult following in the US. Degrassi aired on PBS back in the 1980s I believe. I think Corner Gas is on MTV. Maybe only MTV Canada.