Page 43 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Discussion

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Boneless chicken wings are really chicken tenders or nuggets!
    Is it illegal to eat 20 in one setting without any sauce? Asking for a friend.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

I watched the clip, I thought it was ridiculous at first but now my eyes have been opened.

So......when do the protests and riots start?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    We are probably 3 weeks or so from a second wave starting if it is going to happen, so some question will soon be answered.

In the US we are still experiencing community spread and I don't think many states are doing contract tracing so we don't really have a good handle on things. If it is as bad as the doctors have been saying, we are pretty much screwed.

Most alarming to me is how the grocery store shelves really still aren't full. I used to work in grocery and if the store looked like they do now before the holiday season, I would be very worried. A second wave on top of the holidays will make that first grocery store run look mild.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    So......when do the protests and riots start?
    We’re still waiting on the signs. And chili dogs. And quality beer. I’m not drinking that cheap stuff.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    We’re still waiting on the signs. And chili dogs. And quality beer. I’m not drinking that cheap stuff.
    Chili dogs are a requirement. Along with "REAL" wings of course.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Boneless chicken wings help address the issue of people choking on chicken bones, but I am with you on this one Dirk!

Boneless chicken wings are really chicken tenders or nuggets!
    Thank you Mark! Nobody can agree on Covid19 but we can agree "boneless wings" is a farce.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    And the finest green buddha too.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MIMirage View Post
    We are probably 3 weeks or so from a second wave starting if it is going to happen, so some question will soon be answered.

In the US we are still experiencing community spread and I don't think many states are doing contract tracing so we don't really have a good handle on things. If it is as bad as the doctors have been saying, we are pretty much screwed.

Most alarming to me is how the grocery store shelves really still aren't full. I used to work in grocery and if the store looked like they do now before the holiday season, I would be very worried. A second wave on top of the holidays will make that first grocery store run look mild.
    Considering that the world had no idea what sort of Virus we were dealing with when it first showed up back in February / March / April, 'locking down' seemed to be the most sensible thing until we knew what kind of Virus we were dealing with.

Now that we do, and how it's spread, most places have re-opened with some pretty basic restrictions in place with moderate success, as long as people continue to follow basic practices.

I know since where I live they made masks mandatory back in July, this allowed almost all things to open back up more or less like normal (usually seating is reduced), as the biggest problem was keeping distance indoors, but if everyone is wearing masks, that becomes much less of an issue.

I know some provinces in Canada are now having their second waves in earnest (Like Ontario, BC) but others have seemed to get by without one (so far).

And yeah, pretty sure 'boneless' wings are nuggets!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MIMirage View Post

This little bug in no more deadly than the flu to people under 75. Its only slightly worse for elderly and actually not as bad as the flu for people under 30.
    I find it extremely hard to believe your grocery stores are not fully stocked. All is normal over here in WI grocery stores lmao

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Today's total world deaths: 999,273

World population: 7,800,000,000

Percent of world population killed by Covid-19 as of today = 0.013%

No matter what your opinion on the 'Rona, we still have a ways to go to get to 1%. I hope we get nowhere close.

Last edited by AtomicPunk; 09-28-2020 at 08:20 PM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (09-28-2020),Fummins (09-28-2020)