Page 73 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by 2of9 View Post
    Great, now aliens won't even visit us. Nice... lol
    That's because they finally watched War of the Worlds. They know how this ends because they didn't get their booster shots!

(Or their Pfizer C-19 shots)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

What science is that based on?
    Or the aforementioned story of the Sherman oaks restaurant owner? Look up her video asking how her outdoor seating is unsafe but 15' away the same outdoor seating put up by a movie studio is A-ok? Which science is that one based on?
    Given the choice of calling out government for incompetence or totalitarianism conspiracy, I'm going with incompetence!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    The facts...again, the facts are that this virus is 99.98% survivable for those under 50 and 99.95% under 60.
    This whole thing keeps getting more and more silly.
    It's definitely survivable, sure. But there are 'too many' factors at play since we don't know who has underlying health conditions. What happens when I'm asymptomatic and visit my grandparents or in-laws that have underlying health conditions? Or what if someone else does that and now they're in the hospital because someone they know was asymptomatic?

I don't think it's 'silly'. But what other ways could this pandemic be handled (knowing that there are hundreds of thousands of people that have underlying conditions? How can you control a town (say Appleton or Oshkosh)? How would you be able to control a pandemic where, 1/4 of the population has underlying health conditions?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

People are getting crazier too. There's some whacko family around here going into hospitals claiming they are except from wearing a mask then getting into fights with security, then posting it on social media claiming to be the victims.... The wife is contacting random company's via email or facecrack asking whether they'll allow her and her family to walk around their businesses without a mask cause they're medically except. If they say no she starts going bat**** leaving ****ty reviews for them. They should move to china.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    People are getting crazier too. There's some whacko family around here going into hospitals claiming they are except from wearing a mask then getting into fights with security, then posting it on social media claiming to be the victims.... The wife is contacting random company's via email or facecrack asking whether they'll allow her and her family to walk around their businesses without a mask cause they're medically except. If they say no she starts going bat**** leaving ****ty reviews for them. They should move to china.
    It's insane that it's just a MASK that they're going crazy over. Something so simple that can make someone feel like their "privileges" are being taken away. lol

I personally haven't seen those people in person but there are definitely people like that around here but are probably hiding under their bridges collecting tolls from others walking underneath the bridge lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 2of9 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-08-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    There are golf carts in Peachtree City faster than our Mirages lol. I'm down for a meet up your not that far.
    I had an electric golf cart. Started out at about 12 mph. Ended up about 32 mph. Got tired of repairing it (it was way old, not due to the speed), so I bought a new Yamaha gas. It started out at 19.5 mph. It is now at about 29 mph.

I'm on vacation starting the 19th. We can sacrifice a steak then. We can pick a halfway point and meet there ... no matter how much the actual halfway point may be in the hood! Didn't you say you were in Marietta or Kennesaw?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Our COVID-19 Plan would Minimize Mortality and Lockdown-induced Collateral Damage
    aier.org/article/our-covid-19-plan-would-minimize-mortality-and-lockdown-induced-collateral-damage/
    October 23, 2020
    good idea

Current COVID-19 lockdowns protect low-risk college students and young professional bankers, attorneys, journalists, scientists and others who can work from home, while older high-risk working-class people are risking their lives building the population immunity that will eventually protect us all.

While mortality is inevitable during a pandemic, the COVID-19 lockdown strategy has led to more than 220,000 deaths, with the urban working class carrying the heaviest burden. Many older workers have been forced to accept high mortality risk or increased poverty, or both. While the current lockdowns are less strict than in March, the lockdown and contact tracing strategy is the worst assault on the working class since segregation and the Vietnam War.

Lockdown policies have closed schools, businesses and churches, while not enforcing strict protocols to protect high-risk nursing home residents. University closures and the economic displacement caused by lockdowns have led millions of young adults to live with older parents, increasing regular close interactions across generations.

The “Focused Protection” plan in the Great Barrington Declaration would minimize both COVID-19 mortality and lockdown-induced collateral damage on other health outcomes. In line with pre-2020 pandemic preparedness plans, the declaration calls for better protecting the old and other high-risk groups, for whom COVID-19 is more dangerous than influenza.

By contrast, for children, COVID-19 is less dangerous than influenza. Children and low-risk young adults should be allowed to live near normal lives as they face greater medical, psychological and economic harms from lockdowns than from COVID-19. Immunity among low-risk young adults could also shorten the length of the pandemic, making it easier for older people to protect themselves.

Denying in-person teaching to students is harmful to their education and physical and mental health, with working-class children hardest hit. Online schooling puts a disproportional burden on our children, despite their own minimal risk.

For ages 1 to 15, Sweden kept day care and schools open throughout the height of the pandemic, and among the 1.8 million children of that age, there were zero COVID-19 deaths without masks used or physical distancing. Neither was there any excess risk for in-person teachers compared with the average of other professions.

Some argue that it is impossible to separate older and younger generations. While 100% separation is impossible, lockdowns have “successfully” shifted infection risk from the professional class to the working class and nursing home residents.

It is no more challenging to shift infection risk from high-mortality-risk older people to low-mortality-risk younger adults, including the young bankers, attorneys, journalists and scientists who are now protected.-Dr. Martin Kulldorf, Harvard Medical School

9. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-08-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Our COVID-19 Plan would Minimize Mortality and Lockdown-induced Collateral Damage
    aier.org/article/our-covid-19-plan-would-minimize-mortality-and-lockdown-induced-collateral-damage/
    October 23, 2020
    good idea

Current COVID-19 lockdowns protect low-risk college students and young professional bankers, attorneys, journalists, scientists and others who can work from home, while older high-risk working-class people are risking their lives building the population immunity that will eventually protect us all.

While mortality is inevitable during a pandemic, the COVID-19 lockdown strategy has led to more than 220,000 deaths, with the urban working class carrying the heaviest burden. Many older workers have been forced to accept high mortality risk or increased poverty, or both. While the current lockdowns are less strict than in March, the lockdown and contact tracing strategy is the worst assault on the working class since segregation and the Vietnam War.

Lockdown policies have closed schools, businesses and churches, while not enforcing strict protocols to protect high-risk nursing home residents. University closures and the economic displacement caused by lockdowns have led millions of young adults to live with older parents, increasing regular close interactions across generations.

The “Focused Protection” plan in the Great Barrington Declaration would minimize both COVID-19 mortality and lockdown-induced collateral damage on other health outcomes. In line with pre-2020 pandemic preparedness plans, the declaration calls for better protecting the old and other high-risk groups, for whom COVID-19 is more dangerous than influenza.

By contrast, for children, COVID-19 is less dangerous than influenza. Children and low-risk young adults should be allowed to live near normal lives as they face greater medical, psychological and economic harms from lockdowns than from COVID-19. Immunity among low-risk young adults could also shorten the length of the pandemic, making it easier for older people to protect themselves.

Denying in-person teaching to students is harmful to their education and physical and mental health, with working-class children hardest hit. Online schooling puts a disproportional burden on our children, despite their own minimal risk.

For ages 1 to 15, Sweden kept day care and schools open throughout the height of the pandemic, and among the 1.8 million children of that age, there were zero COVID-19 deaths without masks used or physical distancing. Neither was there any excess risk for in-person teachers compared with the average of other professions.

Some argue that it is impossible to separate older and younger generations. While 100% separation is impossible, lockdowns have “successfully” shifted infection risk from the professional class to the working class and nursing home residents.

It is no more challenging to shift infection risk from high-mortality-risk older people to low-mortality-risk younger adults, including the young bankers, attorneys, journalists and scientists who are now protected.-Dr. Martin Kulldorf, Harvard Medical School
    Quoted this so it can be read again.

Having schools shut down is absolutely insane. It was very clear early on that children and the majority of school teachers are at very little risk. The small percentage of very old(pretty rare these days) teachers or very compromised should do what's best for themselves and have help provided if needed via government....for that small group of people.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2of9 View Post
    It's definitely survivable, sure. But there are 'too many' factors at play since we don't know who has underlying health conditions. What happens when I'm asymptomatic and visit my grandparents or in-laws that have underlying health conditions? Or what if someone else does that and now they're in the hospital because someone they know was asymptomatic?

I don't think it's 'silly'. But what other ways could this pandemic be handled (knowing that there are hundreds of thousands of people that have underlying conditions? How can you control a town (say Appleton or Oshkosh)? How would you be able to control a pandemic where, 1/4 of the population has underlying health conditions?
    Not just survivable but nearly certain survivability for the majority of people.

Again, if grandma and grandpa are very old, those situations should be dealt with accordingly. They are the exception and the exception shouldn't make the rule.

The great thing about that is that the 80+ demographic is not really a integral part of the work force so we can help and care for them accordingly without these absurd shutdowns and quarantine orders.

I think we're all relatively on the same page?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)