Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Engine Coolant Temperature!! (Is there a way to display it?)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Roger,
    . . . . I bought the car a little over two weeks ago. I now have a little over 6K miles on it. Oil change and tire rotation time. I drove off a curb and I want them to look for any damage. The Speedometer reads about 3% fast. Minor. The Audio System doesn't pick up the metadata from the first track of the albums that are on a USB Drive and on some albums it doesn't pick up the data for as many as seven tracks. It is a software timing issue. Minor issues. They give free car washes and it needs a wash. No big deal.
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
    Roger,
    The Speedometer reads about 3% fast.
    rich!
    Sounds like every single one of the ones in our fleet. And my 2014. They read about 5kph fast. The problem with our cars is in the speedo is off, when I compared it to a scan tool and gps speedometer the computer is reading the correct speed.

I believe foama said in germany it's mandatory to have a car read the speed incorrectly(fast) for some weird reason that I have yet to figure out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Fummins,
    . . . . Mine is off by about 3% and not a fixed mount. The other car was also of by about 3%. At 25 MPH it is off by about 0.6 MPH. As the speed increases that error increases. At 80 it is off by almost 4 MPH. This an improper setting in ETACS. If yours is off a fixed amount no matter your speed than you have a bad speedometer and the instrument cluster needs to be replaced. Like I said these are minor issues.
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

Counting is hard.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Counting is hard.
    I've heard you say that about reading, too!

Those who go to a more popular 175/65-14 (23") or 185/55-15 (23") tire size may be a bit closer to the indicated speed on the speedometer. Since 165/65-14 (22.4") & 175/55-15 (22.6") factory tires are smaller, a slightly larger tire would help this situation. Not a great amount, but a move in the right direction at least.

Taken from https://auto.howstuffworks.com/car-d...eedometer4.htm

"No speedometer can be 100 percent accurate. In fact, most manufacturers build speedometers so they fall within a fairly narrow tolerance range, no more than 1 percent to 5 percent too slow or too fast. As long as a car is maintained at factory specs, its speedometer should continue to register vehicle speed within this range. But, if a car is modified, its speedometer may need to be recalibrated.

Changing tire size is one of the most common things car owners do that can affect speedometer accuracy. That’s because larger tires cover more ground in one complete revolution. Consider the example below.

Your car comes with factory-installed tires that are 21.8 inches in diameter. That means the circumference of each tire is 68.5 inches. Now let’s say you want to replace the stock tires with new tires that are 24.6 inches in diameter. Each new tire has a circumference of 77.3 inches, which means it travels almost 10 inches farther with each complete revolution. This has a tremendous affect on your speedometer, which will now indicate a speed that is too slow by almost 13 percent. When your speedometer reads 60 miles per hour, your car will actually be traveling 67.7 miles per hour!"

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Don't forget the effect larger tires have on brakes. The larger the diameter/circumference, the harder the brakes have to work.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I've heard you say that about reading, too!
    Basic comprehension and understanding is typically over my head.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Don't forget the effect larger tires have on brakes. The larger the diameter/circumference, the harder the brakes have to work.
    I am not advocating going nuts on larger tires. Personally, I plan on sticking with factory size tires myself.

Since we know ETACs has pre-determined settings for tire sizes, I doubt a perfect match is going to happen anyways.

I honestly feel any 22.4"-23" diameter tire (155-185 width range) is a safe bet for the Mirage. Rim weight, tire width, tire weight, rolling resistance, and more importantly driving style may all impact braking to some extent.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I am not advocating going nuts on larger tires. Personally, I plan on sticking with factory size tires myself.

Since we know ETACs has pre-determined settings for tire sizes, I doubt a perfect match is going to happen anyways.

I honestly feel any 22.4"-23" diameter tire (155-185 width range) is a safe bet for the Mirage. Rim weight, tire width, tire weight, rolling resistance, and more importantly driving style may all impact braking to some extent.
    I don't disagree with you here, Mark. It all reminds me of the off-road mentality. Mostly because I've been down that road. Fun, until you gotta stop.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    So, I finally got up off my rump and cut the hose, installed the coupling (which was actually quite tight due to the barb), and finished splicing and crimping the connectors on all the wires. Everything is installed and grounded, just need to tap power from somewhere (hoping for an unused fuse position with a decent gage wire) and run that to my fuse block. Oh, and maybe shorten the sender wire and ziptie some things.

Attached Images Attached Images   

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.3 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.8 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nobu For This Useful Post:

PityOnU (04-02-2021)