Thread: Something Positive during COVID-19 - Auto Insurance refunds

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    No apology necessary. I switched insurance companies when I bought my Mirage, but I have a combined homeowner's and two vehicle policy. The switch was driven by the savings on my homeowner's policy more than the vehicles, however.

It pays to shop around, and the insurance for Mirage does seem high to me, too.
    I think my insurance is higher because of the area I live is rural. And then on top of that, insurance tells me price is all about "rebuild cost".. and that is how house insurance is costed.

And also auto insurance may be higher in rural. So I might switch to a local insurance, that's not based in Toronto. Ugh lol banks

Brand name insurance means I'm paying for the name, and if they don't pick up their phone what do I do in an emergency.

Long story short I need a broker who specializes in rural postal codes to make the most of my insurance options. Postal code is a zip code.
    Last edited by dspace9; 04-08-2020 at 09:31 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)