Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Endorsement for Aamco CVT service

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Me too! I also want to know this is true?

Attachment 17642

Milk in a bag? What the hell?
    I'm sure we used to get milk in a bag when I was a kid. But I think that was phased out in these parts 30 years ago. I guess it's still a thing in Eastern Canadia. In the west we buy milk in cartons or plastic jugs and get a deposit at the bottle depot just like pop/beer cans. Does open milk not absorb funky fridge smells or is that not a thing?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Me too! I also want to know this is true?

Attachment 17642

Milk in a bag? What the hell?
    My oldest daughter will be 30 this coming August, and Kwik Trip stores in Wisconsin sold milk in a bag all through her childhood. I remember buying bags of milk (not cartoons) even back 30 years ago. Kwik Trip has stacks of free plastic pitchers that the bags slip into. They also sell jugs of milk, but the 1/2 gallon bags are cheaper. You can buy their orange juice cheaper that way, too.

http://www.bubbaontheroad.com/2018/0...ing-kwik-trip/

As far as bagged milk elsewhere, it exist -

https://www.eater.com/2019/10/21/209...-pouch-history

Dirk - I hope this removes your doubt!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    . Does open milk not absorb funky fridge smells or is that not a thing?
    You just cut the corner of the bag, & it pours out quite nicely from the store provided pitchers. You just reuse the provided pitcher over & over again.

The pitcher has a slit on the top lip. You can slip the corner of the bag in that slit to sort of seal it closed. When the bag is empty, you pull it out and insert a new one. It works ok.

Now that my kids are grown & on their own, I don't go through much milk. I will buy the jugs over the bags most of the time now. When we went through more milk, it was all bags (cheaper).

I grew up on milk taken from our milk house bulk tank. It was shake & then pour milk. Otherwise, you got the cream that always floated to the top.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Haha this is why I love you guys! You got interesting caveats for everything! I still feel there should be a miscellaneous thread option on this forum for talks about anything.

Yes one strictly about politics and religion. I smell good idea, but isn't that what clash of clans is for?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Yes one strictly about politics and religion. I smell good idea, but isn't that what clash of clans is for?
    We could have a funny meme thread.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post

When the bag is empty, you pull it out and insert a new one. It works ok.
    Than we would wash the bag so we could use it for sandwiches & stuff for lunches so we wouldn't need to spend money on needless city people fancy zipper type sandwich bags.. Bring them home to use them again tomorrow... I still do, as the reason I drive a money saving Mirage...
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to klroger For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (04-11-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    If any Canadian on here has Tim Hortons for breakfast, post pics. I fascinated with restaurant chains from different parts of the world.

I haven’t eaten out since **** hit the fan. There is a Tim Hortons everywhere though.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I haven’t eaten out since **** hit the fan. There is a Tim Hortons everywhere though.
    Amen. I haven't been to a store/supermarket or even had takeout food for over a month. Boy I miss the good old days.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to stevedmc For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (04-13-2020)