Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Endorsement for Aamco CVT service

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Amen. I haven't been to a store/supermarket or even had takeout food for over a month. Boy I miss the good old days.
    In my community, drive-thru & curb delivery of food by local restaurants is quite popular. Our local/family-own radio station is encouraging local residents to support our local restaurants this way, & people seem to be responding to that.

It's not uncommon to see a line of cars at local restaurants. It's the community's way of keeping these establishments afloat during these tough times. Even that could still change, however.

Then again, I live in a state that still held the elections last week. First time, I did absentee ballot for an election. I didn't see the need to put poll workers at risk. Those politicians, who voted to keep the election date, should have been forced to work the voting polls of those areas with the highest coronavirus cases.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    In my community, drive-thru & curb delivery of food by local restaurants is quite popular. Our local/family-own radio station is encouraging local residents to support our local restaurants this way, & people seem to be responding to that.

It's not uncommon to see a line of cars at local restaurants. It's the community's way of keeping these establishments afloat during these tough times. Even that could still change, however.

Then again, I live in a state that still held the elections last week. First time, I did absentee ballot for an election. I didn't see the need to put poll workers at risk. Those politicians, who voted to keep the election date, should have been forced to work the voting polls of those areas with the highest coronavirus cases.
    100%. We've been voting by mail exclusively here in Oregon since 1998. For the last 22 years it seems to be working quite well and now postage isn't required. The state picks up the postal costs. There are also secured drop off boxes at city halls, library's, fire depts---etc. Literally no excuse not to vote.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Allright my big day is tomorrow at 8am. This place has gotten great reviews and the shop owner assured me they have the aux filter part in store. I asked him about our theory of the CVTs lasting alot longer in Mirages because of the low curb weight and low torque. He reply was "We're replacing a Mirage CVT right now and its only at 100k miles." I was floored. I think he could tell this because he quickly added "The owner probably didnt take care of it, like your doing and we dont see alot of Mitsubishis in here. All of our CVT replacements have been almost all Nissans." I asked if he ever does CVT replacements with used units and he said no. They only put in brand new CVTs because they warranty the work. If I ever do go down that route I have no idea how to find a shop that will even do it and trust me, Ive called around.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Allright my big day is tomorrow at 8am. This place has gotten great reviews and the shop owner assured me they have the aux filter part in store. I asked him about our theory of the CVTs lasting alot longer in Mirages because of the low curb weight and low torque. He reply was "We're replacing a Mirage CVT right now and its only at 100k miles." I was floored. I think he could tell this because he quickly added "The owner probably didnt take care of it, like your doing and we dont see alot of Mitsubishis in here. All of our CVT replacements have been almost all Nissans." I asked if he ever does CVT replacements with used units and he said no. They only put in brand new CVTs because they warranty the work. If I ever do go down that route I have no idea how to find a shop that will even do it and trust me, Ive called around.
    You may already know the answer, but I would find out what it is costing that customer to replace their Mirage CVT at this place? Warranty their work - what does that mean? 1-year/15,000 miles or something way better?

Regardless, sounds like you found a place that is going to provide you better service than a dealership for probably way less money. That's a big positive in my book! I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow!

How many Nissan customers remain loyal to Nissan after having a CVT replaced? I would love to know the percentage of return customers? I have to believe a bad reputation catches up with a company quite fast! You don't have to search to hard to find people bashing Nissan.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (04-14-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    You should ask what was wrong with the Mirage cvt!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (04-14-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    You should ask what was wrong with the Mirage cvt!
    The shop says he's a CVT7 pulled apart, he might let me take pics, he's suggestion, not mine. I mentioned Mirage forum and he knows it!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Ill post updates too.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Does he work on 5-speeds?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Well dropped off the hatch for CVT service had my girl follow me in her G4 and guess what? Her battery idiot light started flashing! I immediately pull into an AutoZone thinking she needs a new battery. Instead the guy there informs me the flashing battery light means the alternator is failing and that they dont carry that part at all (no surprise there) and that immediately need to get it to a shop. I call our dealer, and thankfully they said a failed alternator IS covered under her 60k mile powertrain warranty, thank God. I manage to drive it 15 miles from the Aamco to the dealership with the battery idiot light blinking only every once and a while. We're in the lobby as we speak.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Update on the G4, corroded battery cable. $300 to fix. Jeez thank God we just got our stimulus check lol. Apparently the corrosion went all the way thru the cable. How does this happen to a newer car? Anything I could of done to prevent this?