Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Endorsement for Aamco CVT service

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Take it in, Get the money back, Go home and say its fixed.
    Save the money to use if something actually breaks in the future.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to poorman1 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (04-24-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 Times in 2,132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by poorman1 View Post
    Take it in, Get the money back, Go home and say its fixed.
    Save the money to use if something actually breaks in the future.
    +1. I can think of many better uses for $300.

Sounds like they will take the part off another Mirage on the lot.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

What they said.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    It's my lady's car so I have to defer to her what she wants done. She's worried about maintaining her warranty so she's only comfortable doing everything at the dealership unfortunately. There's no reasoning with her. So I'm up getting it fixed now. They said the alternator and battery both tested good but I cant help but think I can avoid future corrosion installing a new battery with better protection. Plus her battery is 3 years old and I was cleaning it with coke every other week. I figure what can it hurt? These batteries only last like what 4 years? And my lady drives like a bat out of hell so it's time for a more powerful battery?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,543 Times in 1,475 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    ...Plus her battery is 3 years old and I was cleaning it with coke every other week
    Wait...what?!? So the battery terminals on this car are regularly corroding?

Name:  corrosion.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  89.3 KB

If the battery tests fine then there's no immediate need to replace it. Since it's 3 years old and you live in a hot climate (batteries don't like heat), then replacing it now wouldn't be a complete waste of money if it will make you feel better. If you decide to go that route, a standard size replacement is fine. A more powerful battery won't be any better and it probably won't fit anyway.

Regardless of whether you keep the existing battery or buy a new one, clean and protect the terminals and cable ends with the stuff I have shown you before.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (04-24-2020)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Edit: was spose to start at 2:57 into the vijeo, but the durn thing ignored that. Ah well, it's pretty funny the whole way through.
    Last edited by Nobu; 04-24-2020 at 03:05 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.3 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Wait...what?!? So the battery terminals on this car are regularly corroding?

Name:  corrosion.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  89.3 KB

If the battery tests fine then there's no immediate need to replace it. Since it's 3 years old and you live in a hot climate (batteries don't like heat), then replacing it now wouldn't be a complete waste of money if it will make you feel better. If you decide to go that route, a standard size replacement is fine. A more powerful battery won't be any better and it probably won't fit anyway.

Regardless of whether you keep the existing battery or buy a new one, clean and protect the terminals and cable ends with the stuff I have shown you before.
    I went ahead and got it replaced immediately at Autozone. 35VL, same one I use. It's cold crank amps is 520. What was the amps on the OEM Hitachi batteries?Name:  20200424_103835.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  95.7 KB

According to this https://parts-catalog.acdelco.com/ca...log_search.php the minimum requirment is 435cca. Most replacements I've used are 5-600cca. And they fit fine. Contrary to others believes, more power doesn't have to mean more bigger.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (04-24-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Well lesson learned. I will only go to my mechanic 1st for any issues from now on, unless he tells me personally Mitsubishi should should cover the issue under warranty. On the Aamco CVT service, I couldn't be happier. The CVT action is smooth as ice and my mpg is combined average of 39 and this is with multiple short stops doing instacart.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    A more powerful battery won't be any better and it probably won't fit anyway.
    I have to disagree. A bigger battery will make the car go faster. Increase the battery size, put a few lightning bolt stickers on the side of the car, and you will suddenly have a car capable of outrunning any police car.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to stevedmc For This Useful Post:

mohammad (12-08-2021)