Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replacing 2017 Mirage G4 radio with OEM Carplay radio

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Wink Replacing 2017 Mirage G4 radio with OEM Carplay radio

Hello! I have the basic Mirage G4 (2017) without the touchscreen carplay radio, i found one at a local junkyard (Wrecked 2017 with carplay radio) and would like to install the touchscreen into my mirage, i’m just not sure what specific wires i need to get or if it will be easy to just plug in and go? Please help!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, if it's from a 17 you'll need to grab the radio, the surround piece, the adaptor harness, the little microphone stuck onto the steering column, the camera from the back and it's wiring, whatever piece the camera bolts into, and the GPS antenna which is horribly stuck on the dash in the corner. This can be mounted on the top of the radio instead so it doesn't look so stupid.

Did this on my 2015 hatchback but bought an aftermarket camera that I still have lazily not installed yet because it refuses to not be cold outside.
    -Karl B. 2015 Mirage DE CVT Utility Machine (and lots of other cars)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Will the adaptor harness from the radio plug right into my car or do i need to get a different set? Thank you for all of the information! This is all new to me so i’m sorry if i sound silly!

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Post 2017 Carplay Radio easy install?

I just purchased the 6.5 inch car play unit (2017) with the original wire harness and bezel included from a wrecked mirage g4. I have the 2017 mirage G4 with the normal basic radio (no touchscreen), will it be simple to just plug the wires from the new carplay radio into my car?

Moderator's note: moved this post into the existing thread to keep things organized and easier to search for.
    Last edited by Eggman; 04-16-2020 at 07:00 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Should work. Give it a try.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coreyhall View Post
    Hello! I have the basic Mirage G4 (2017) without the touchscreen carplay radio, i found one at a local junkyard (Wrecked 2017 with carplay radio) and would like to install the touchscreen into my mirage, i’m just not sure what specific wires i need to get or if it will be easy to just plug in and go? Please help!
    Your in Savannah, I used to live there when I was going to college at Georgia Southern. You see alot of Mirages down there? Theyre are a bunch here in Atlanta. Churchill's Pub still in business? That used to be my main watering hole.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Help finding USB connector for 2017 Carplay?

Hello! i just replaced the radio in my 2017 mirage with the touchscreen car play, the radio didn't come with the USB cord to enable car play or for me to plug my phone in, I'm having a hard time finding it online, can anyone help? The old USB connector doesn't fit the new radio
    Last edited by Eggman; 04-18-2020 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Moderator's note: moved this post into the existing thread.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Coreyhall View Post
    Hello! i just replaced the radio in my 2017 mirage with the touchscreen car play, the radio didn't come with the USB cord to enable car play or for me to plug my phone in, I'm having a hard time finding it online, can anyone help? The old USB connector doesn't fit the new radio
    If you snap a pic of the port, I can probably tell you what it is (assuming a standard usb port). If I had to guess, it's probably a USB type-A Female port (for which you'd need a Type-A Male to Type-B Female cable, and maybe a Y adapter or hub).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.3 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You didn't get the adaptor cable? Uh oh. That's not good. You need that to go between the radio and the factory supplied USB cable.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    I'm pretty sure the radio end of that cable is not any standard USB connector, but specific to the radio.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)