Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
Copied my post (see above) over from the Cheap Mirage thread...

Theory: It may be a buyer's market for dealership cars and a seller's market for private sales... depending on where you live.

I'm going to test the market with my Mirage, now that it's finally all spiffed up.

One reason it may be a private seller's market: In Ontario, car dealership sales departments are currently closed, so if someone wants/needs a car, the private market is the only option for the moment. The question is: are there enough people who want/need cars right now to matter?

I have a saved search for private sales in my area (<$5k, manual trans ) that I look at almost daily, and the number of private sales listed right now is higher than normal. That suggests my theory may be bunk!

Only one way to find out.
I was also thinking of putting my Mirage on the market, too. But that is a very interesting theory. Our dealers are open in Oregon; at least some of them. I had to go to my local Mitsubishi dealer to pick up my car for a little warranty work, and they will not let you in the building. You have to meet them outside. We'll see.