Thread: Enough is Enough!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    UK
    Thanks

Enough is Enough!

Well my patience has worn beyond threadbare, there's nothing left at all.
    After having this Mirage for a year I'm now sick to death with it, God knows I've tried to persevere with it but there comes a day when enough is enough.

Tuesday last I was on a drive to Harrogate and twice hit road imperfections, these convinced me that it'll eventually break the car if not me, Chad's mind was made up...................it's going.
    Just economy, for me, doesn't cut it so I've sourced a Mercedes Benz A Class with all its Teutonic charm?? Yeah, right. I even contemplated getting a Jaguar S Type but £570 per year for road fund licence (road tax) and a gallon and 1/2 to start it it was dismissed. Even a Toyota Avensis was considered, but no,

We have to be careful with car choice, drive into London you enter a ULEZ zone (Ultra Low Emmissions Zone) and should your car not fall below their criteria you pay £12.50 per day and then you have the London Congestion Zone which is another £11.50 per day on top of your annual Road fund Licence. Expensive. I swear to God if we all gave up motor vehicles and went back to horse & cart they'd still charge you for emmissions......horse farts Fortunately the A Class is, like the Mirage, ULEZ compliant.

So, I'll stick around for awhile, it's been good "talking" to you folks and I'm glad to have known and shared some chat with you all.
    Last edited by itschad; 05-16-2020 at 03:26 PM.
    Growing old is compulsory- Growing up is optional

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (05-16-2020),Eggman (05-16-2020)