Thread: It's Gawn

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    UK
    Thanks

It's Gawn

:
    Today my mental Oriental Mirage and I parted company this day. Please be patient and have a laugh, bear with me.
    I drove over to Lancashire from Yorkshire (English civil war, (Lancastrians V Yorkists, better known as the Wars of the Roses, finally a Lancastrian victory) to a place called Bury, Err, I used to go shooting all over a town called Gravesend in Kent, hang on, Bury, Gravesend, is somebody sending me a message?

Now the drive over the Pennines in the Mental oriental was good, set cruise control and Bob's yer Uncle, an hour later I was in Bury with some outstanding scenery on the way.

Completed the paperwork and paid £80.00 to retain my private registration on retention.

So, the drive back home in a Mercedes-Benz A Class? WTF????? I thought the Mirage was difficult to pair up the phones I have but the Merc? well gawd blimey, took me ages, more buttons to press than flying Concorde. Cannot fathom how to play music via the 3.5mm jack point that for some unknown reason the krauts have hidden it away in the glovebox???? It's all so antiquated that Fred Flinstone & Barney Rubble could've figure it out.

The drive was compliant, quiet if not rewarding and acceleration was a tad better than the Mirage, however, I dunno who designed the interior, particularly the handbrake lever, never a problem in any other car I've owned but it seems you need to stretch back unnaturally to use the damned thing.

Do I like it? Well the coin is in the air, it's certainly a better ride, strangely the seats when you first sit in/on them it's like the seating in a Roman Amphitheatre, bleeding hard but on the journey they were fine and satisfactory.

I do miss the mental Oriental Mirage, but will also miss the broken ribs driving over road imperfections.
    Nice dashboard lighting, similar to my Colt and Mirage and C Class Merc of 20 years back.
    Here's a few pictures.

Name:  IMG_20200520_212905.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  83.3 KBName:  IMG_20200520_212856.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  87.0 KBName:  IMG_20200520_212940.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  78.1 KB
    Growing old is compulsory- Growing up is optional

2. The Following User Says Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-21-2020)