Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2,600 miles in Mirage rental (with pretty pictures)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RileyParker View Post
    It must have been an unforgettable trip. And indeed, for a rental, that's an amazing deal.
    Welcome to the forum Riley! Tell us about your Mirage and post some pics!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The rates aren't quite that good now. Granted, this was done in April when any travel was discouraged and the rental agencies were aching for business. I rent a lot and the rates are back to normal now. It was nice while it lasted

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks for stalking me online. Lol. There are few defenders of the Mirage, so we do stick out from the crowd.

The extra sound deadening and improvements on the Mirage really made a difference. Glad it wasn't just my imagination. I recall the '14's and '15's we considered on the test drives and rented when we eventually bought the Sonic were just a little too buzzy and ungainly. Now it felt refined, quiet, and well-planted on the road . There was so little to fault and Mitsubishi has used the limited resources they have wisely. If I had to buy a new car, that would probably swing me over

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The funny thing is I love renting cars more than driving my own. Nothing against my cars at all, but it's fun to have some variety. It makes me appreciate my car more (or question buying a replacement too) and I learn more about another car. Plus it saves wear and tear on these longer trips. Given the price, it was worth every cent. If you find a good deal out there, it's worth it just for the change of scenery

Congrats on the Mirage and welcome to the group. Tell us about your car

Quote Originally Posted by festiboi View Post
    Thanks for stalking me online. Lol. There are few defenders of the Mirage, so we do stick out from the crowd.
    Ha. I read 2 other car sites semi-regularly. But I read ALL the Mirage posts.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)