Thread: TALL Drivers? Hmm...

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

TALL Drivers? Hmm...

Hi all, I am on the edge of going for a test drive after whacking a deer with my 2017 VW Golf wagon w/ 117k on the clock. Always been intrigued by this econo car. Anyone over 6' here? I am 6'3"... Just curious. Thanks

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm 6'2 and I fit so well with the seat all the way back. Enjoy your cruise! If you have long arms like me, then recline the seat as well with your head nearly adjacent to the A pillar, and adjust the steering wheel too. You should be fine I think because I've definitely have returned to my vehicle with seat scooted forward from auto techs needing to drive it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dookaughs View Post
    I'm 6'2 and I fit so well with the seat all the way back. Enjoy your cruise! If you have long arms like me, then recline the seat as well with your head nearly adjacent to the A pillar, and adjust the steering wheel too. You should be fine I think because I've definitely have returned to my vehicle with seat scooted forward from auto techs needing to drive it.
    6’ 3” 280 lbs here. It fits me well. Shouldn’t be an issue for you OP.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage G4 SE 1.2 automatic: 43.0 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 Times in 2,132 Posts
    I don't know about size or height but a Mitsubishi Mirage is a far cry from a VW Golf wagon. Keep your expectations in check, the Mirage will certainly have a different driving experience.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I don't know about size or height but a Mitsubishi Mirage is a far cry from a VW Golf wagon. Keep your expectations in check, the Mirage will certainly have a different driving experience.
    Good point. I can see someone feeling the Mirage as a complete downgrade.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage G4 SE 1.2 automatic: 43.0 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Brad - I'm 6'2". The only time I ever noticed the car feeling small on the inside was this past weekend, after 3 years of owning it.

Saturday I towed with the Mirage, 115 miles. Then rode my M109R for ~135 miles on tight windy scenic roads. Then reloaded the bike and got back in the car to tow home. I lost all feeling of the car from that motorcycle ride. The car felt small, the steering wheel felt really small in diameter, and left-to-right, I felt kind of cramped.

I also lost all feel for the clutch, couldn't hear the car, and had lost sensation of power (it felt like it had none). We all know it has low power, but I think that's part of the charm, and I love it. The motorcycle is just so opposite feeling than the Mirage.

An hour later driving / towing with it, I was back in touch with it, and very comfortable with it. 32.0 mpg towing 1,500 pounds with it. I think the Mirage is an excellent wad of steel.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

I'm 6-2 and fit fine too. I've been maintaining a fleet of these cars(30ish) for 9 years now and they hold together surprisingly well.

It's a cheap car that's easy to maintain and repair. You can save more if you have a basic set of tools. The same can't be said for many other cars nowadays.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

inuvik (10-11-2023)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    6'3 190 lbs. Lots of room. The guy who sold it to me was 6'5 and had enough room in the back.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    6ft/170lbs. I fit fine in it and getting in and out is a breeze. It's bigger than you think inside. One thing though, the steering wheel only tilts, no telescoping unfortunately. I've had to re-learn the way I hold the wheel. You're experience might be vastly different though. I'm all torso with stubby arms and legs.