Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Possibly trading in my '14 Mirage for a brand new Mazda3

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I agree the Xpander Cross would sell better than the Eclipse Cross IMO. Mitsubishi lineup is too small. I think Nissan has a hand in this.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I agree the Xpander Cross would sell better than the Eclipse Cross IMO. Mitsubishi lineup is too small. I think Nissan has a hand in this.
    The Xpander Cross would compete with the Ford EcoSport in Canada. But so does the Nissan Kicks. So Nissan doesn't want competition for the Kicks. They are looking at it wrong.

If I was running the show, I would import all the cars I make. Then you might end up selling millions of different cars and different models. Have a bunch of greatest hits.

They are trying to predict customer behaviour and doing it wrongly. I know the Plymouth Colt mini minivan sold well here, and my relatives in Holland had a Mitsubishi one during my 2 week visit to Holland back in the day.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    If I was running the show, I would import all the cars I make. Then you might end up selling millions of different cars and different models. Have a bunch of greatest hits.
    Interesting point. Why do you think Mitsubishi doesn't offer their entire lineup here in North America?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Interesting point. Why do you think Mitsubishi doesn't offer their entire lineup here in North America?
    I think it's a cost thing. What they should do is test-market their products in select US cities. Like McDonalds does.

See what sells. Gets people talking about new cars. Find out if maybe some cars sell better in Michigan, than they do in Arizona. Car companies need to drop the one-size-fits-all approach from the top.

I think car companies need to cater more to what customers want.

The whole import Japanese car scene is huge. My nephew was talking about "JDM cars" (japanese domestic cars) and he's 11. More along the lines of Skylines, but still. They should import more of the unique models.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think it's a cost thing. What they should do is test-market their products in select US cities. Like McDonalds does.

See what sells. Gets people talking about new cars. Find out if maybe some cars sell better in Michigan, than they do in Arizona. Car companies need to drop the one-size-fits-all approach from the top.

I think car companies need to cater more to what customers want.
    I thought local laws (such as safety and environmental) along with profitability was the prime influence. I mean who thought the Mirage would sell? If it didn't meet our standards Mitsubishi wouldn't have brought it over.
    Last edited by Eggman; 08-15-2020 at 07:31 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I thought local laws (such as safety and environmental) along with profitability was the prime influence. I mean who thought the Mirage would sell? If it didn't meet our standards Mitsubishi wouldn't have brought it over.
    For sure. Could be that Mitsubishi had to beef up a few things to bring the Mirage up to North American standards. AC for example is assumed in the USA, not so much elsewhere.

But overall, the Mirage is a global car, so I'm sure the standards are at least to the minimum level.. of the toughest country's standards. From the sounds of it, Germany has super tough standards.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think I made the right choice. I tossed the car purchase idea out the window for now.
    Two weeks later, what do you thing about the Mazda now? Still wish you had taken it for a test drive?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (08-29-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Two weeks later, what do you thing about the Mazda now? Still wish you had taken it for a test drive?
    Kinda wish I drove the Mazda3 now. But I have to put my financial wellbeing front and centre. And the Mazda3 has no AC. So I asked myself, is that really an upgrade from my current Mirage?! Not really eh.

I'm back into looking at esoteric Italian cars for sale on the internet, mostly 70s stuff. 1971 Alfa Romeo junior Zagato 1300 cc 3

Name:  1971 Alfa Romeo junior Zagato 1300 cc 3.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  102.3 KB

Do you like Malcolm Gladwell books? Who knew he is a huge nerd for cars, check out this interview; cheers!

https://bringatrailer.com/2020/08/20...colm-gladwell/

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (08-29-2020)

Wow... that's a neat looking machine! Never seen one before.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (08-29-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm back into looking at esoteric Italian cars for sale on the internet, mostly 70s stuff. 1971 Alfa Romeo junior Zagato 1300 cc 3

Name:  1971 Alfa Romeo junior Zagato 1300 cc 3.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  102.3 KB
    Wow, sweet ride. Look at all that glass. I want one.