Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: First real problem with my Mirage... (Engine losing power suddenly. Update- solved)

Quote Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
    Do other people have the same response from the engine?
    If not, it may be a tail light wire that's grounded or so?
    Which response,
    Driving with feet on the brake and throttle? Yes they all do that.
    I also recall seeing a mirage or two with both brake lights burnt out have abs and or traction control warning lights come on along with random loss of throttle. Took a minute to figure that out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Mexico
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Not the halogens. Halogens are headlight bulbs. This was the rear lights. I had one taillight and both brake lights out at various points, but I am not sure what combination of bulb failures actually caused the malfunction. The high-mount brake light was still working.

A sticking brake pedal is also a possibility I am considering, but replacing the bulbs seems to have alleviated the problem.
    Halogen just refers to the type of bulb, not the location of them. They're used from our headlights, tail lights, turn signals, and even dome light. Your high mount tail light is typically referred to as the 3rd brake light, and that would be the only LED lights on most Mirages.
    I've also got the same issue, and this was right after installing LED tail light bulbs. Still haven't gone back to halogen, though. 😅

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzcb7 View Post
    Halogen just refers to the type of bulb, not the location of them. They're used from our headlights, tail lights, turn signals, and even dome light. Your high mount tail light is typically referred to as the 3rd brake light, and that would be the only LED lights on most Mirages.
    I've also got the same issue, and this was right after installing LED tail light bulbs. Still haven't gone back to halogen, though. ��
    Halogen tail light bulbs do exist, but I seriously doubt the Mirage comes from the factory with them. It does, however, come from the factory with halogen headlights.

I've also got the same issue, and this was right after installing LED tail light bulbs. Still haven't gone back to halogen, though. ��
    He knows exactly what you meant and is technically correct. There can be a lot of nit picking, trolling and swollen heads(dick swinging) around here, don't take offence.
    I do want to see your pics of the your projector headlights on a different thread.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Mexico
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    He knows exactly what you meant and is technically correct. There can be a lot of nit picking, trolling and swollen heads(dick swinging) around here, don't take offence.
    I do want to see your pics of the your projector headlights on a different thread.
    Definitely not trying to nitpick or troll, just making sure he knew it didn't just pertain to headlight bulbs. A quick Google search shows many applications for halogen bulbs.

On the other hand, do I still have to use a host like Photobucket to create and attach photos? It's been years since I've posted on a forum.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,542 Times in 1,474 Posts
    ...do I still have to use a host like Photobucket to create and attach photos?
    No hosting site needed. You can upload your photos directly to the forum. It's super-easy when you post.

Just click on the icon above the arrow...

Name:  images.jpg
Views: 819
Size:  32.1 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Eggman (10-28-2020)

Country
    Mexico
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    No hosting site needed. You can upload your photos directly to the forum. It's super-easy when you post.
    Definitely much easier, and pictures have been posted.