UK
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I also don't support the weed usage.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I'm so jealous. It'll be years before the hayseeds in Georgia end prohibition against that sweet sweet chiba. Atlanta has decriminalized possession but that's only within city limits. The State Police advocates are against it because it cuts into their lucrative quota revenue. One thing you notice down here is all the squad cars are new Chargers with the latest ramming speed gear. I haven't seen a Crown Vic in years.
    The Crown Vic went out of production in 2011. They are EOL vehicles if you see any in use. That said, this is another glaring example of why the Fomoco needs to go bankrupt and shut for good. They have outlived their usefulness. They brought the assembly line to the world and dehumanized the workplace for 100 years. Old man Ford was a penny pinching prick and his progeny got lucky a couple time, the Mustang, Crown Vic and F150 are examples, but nearly all else was trash like all else Detroit rubbish made from the late 30's onward. It took the entry of the Japanese in the late 60's to force the bog 3 to pull their heads from their asses and start making decent cars again. Late 60's = best muscle cars ever made, absolute worst quality control from Detroit, Lowest cost per mile for ownership from Japanese producers the world has ever seen. Best selection of cheap consumer cars ever, think VW Beetle. (God, people willingly got in that thing and drove it flat out @75mph on interstates.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Best selection of cheap consumer cars ever, think VW Beetle. (God, people willingly got in that thing and drove it flat out @75mph on interstates.
    I still do!!! As fast as I can down the Trans Canada Highway!!! The front crumple zone is the fuel tank just above your feet
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to klroger For This Useful Post:

Fummins (04-10-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,433 Times in 1,039 Posts
    and dehumanized the workplace for 100 years.
    That's a bit strong. Noone is holding a gun to the head of assembly line workers. They are free to find work elsewhere. Assembly line work is not easy work, I'll give you that.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    I still do!!! As fast as I can down the Trans Canada Highway!!! The front crumple zone is the fuel tank just above your feet
    You know, I shouldn't be one to talk. My sports car is a dual carb with something like 120-130hp? I forget but it also has the fuel tank crumple zone. The only diff is I will die @110mph in a fireball while you go @80!

But nothing beats a Toyota van from the late 80's where the driver WAS the crumple zone as the front axle was pretty much behind him.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,828 Times in 2,133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by La stonki View Post
    I don't appreciate the fact that weed is becoming more and more popular because this can create addictions for the younger generation. However, weeds contain substances that can be beneficial medically.
    Hello La stonki and welcome to the forum. Please take some time and tell us more about yourself & your Mirage/Space Star.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    That's a bit strong. Noone is holding a gun to the head of assembly line workers. They are free to find work elsewhere. Assembly line work is not easy work, I'll give you that.
    Upon reflection it was some british oaf that invented assembly line and factory work. In fact dude kept a cannon outside the paymaster's office to keep the rabble in line. Life pre-unions in the early part of the 20th century was not quite forced labor "but here's your latest wage cut, you're free to find another job anywhere you like."

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hello La stonki and welcome to the forum. Please take some time and tell us more about yourself & your Mirage/Space Star.
    Good suggestion, but I suggest sharing more about yourself in a different or new thread.

This was an old thread that should have remained dead. No offense to my good friend Dirk!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,828 Times in 2,133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by La stonki View Post
    I don't appreciate the fact that weed is becoming more and more popular because this can create addictions for the younger generation. However, weeds contain substances that can be beneficial medically.
    Good suggestion, but I suggest sharing more about yourself in a different or new thread.

This was an old thread that should have remained dead. No offense to my good friend Dirk!
    I don't disagree, Mark. However...

Spam posters typically make an account then make a post that's barely relevant to either the thread topic or to the forum itself. If I spot such a post, I'll invite them to participate more. If there's no response, it becomes even more clear they are not here to talk about the Mirage but are more likely to return later to modify their post with spam. And sometimes the delay to modify the post can approach a year... If they do start posting spam links, it's time to delete the post & the poster's account.

The problem is, it's all too easy to repeat the whole process. I can think of other ways to spend my time...

So keep an eye out for these behavior patterns and let a mod or admin know of any spammy activity.
    Last edited by Eggman; 04-12-2024 at 11:22 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,433 Times in 1,039 Posts
    here's your latest wage cut, you're free to find another job anywhere you like."
    Sounds like good bidness to me! When I get to be a Fortune 500, I think I'm going to make that, or something very similar my bidness mission statement.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)