Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1st speeding ticket in a Mirage!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Go be a cop yourself and come back in here after a year or two and see if you feel compelled to edit your post.
    Some communities offer a Citizen’s Police Academy which offers an excellent insight into the world of law enforcement. It’s a good way to learn about how local policing takes place and the challenges that they face.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I don't know what world you live in, but it's not the same world I live in.

In my world, it is a very simple affair. If I demonstrate to any or all law enforcement personnel that I'm not a threat to them, they are absolutely not a threat to me. And it is simply not true that all cops are ego-maniacs. Just not true. There are some, I'll give you that.

But some things that some people fail to realize: 1) Being law enforcement is a damn difficult job, 2) those guys simply want to go home to their family at the end of the day, and they prefer to not go home in a body bag, 3) those guys practice shooting with their guns A LOT, and 4) due to #2 and #3, if one chooses to combat against a LEO, your chances of losing that battle is very high.

Why not cut them some slack? Go be a cop yourself and come back in here after a year or two and see if you feel compelled to edit your post.

7milesout
    Bribing cops in south Florida is a lot more common than you think lol. I concur the vast majority of cops are fine professionals but the bad apples can do a lot of damage to community trust, especially in this age of camera phones. There is a lot more exposure with bad behavior.

I can't count how many times I've been pulled over(lots) but the majority of the time the cops were fine and often lowered the fine or just gave me a warning.

There was one dickhead cop in the small town I grew up in. I pissed him racing past him when he was off duty one night and he had a raging boner to give me tickets ever since. Burnt out head light tickets, speeding, would pull me over for reasons that I'm sure were totally illegal.

I don't remember the last time I was pulled over? I think it was 7 or 8 years ago for doing over 100 in a 60.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (11-02-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I can't count how many times I've been pulled over(lots) but the majority of the time the cops were fine and often lowered the fine or just gave me a warning.

There was one dickhead cop in the small town I grew up in. I pissed him racing past him when he was off duty one night and he had a raging boner to give me tickets ever since. Burnt out head light tickets, speeding, would pull me over for reasons that I'm sure were totally illegal.

I don't remember the last time I was pulled over? I think it was 7 or 8 years ago for doing over 100 in a 60.
    Down here in Dixie Land, a cop can make up any reason to pull you over, with impunity. I had an old 92 Mercury Marque hoopty that I was driving around the ATL in 2006 to 2007 and I was pulled over twice for nothing. My tailights, tags, not speeding, everything in order and I still got pulled over. Both times the APD was shocked when they saw who was driving, namely my lily white butt lol. Both times they said I was swerving and both times I passed a sobriety test. It was because of my old hoopty car they thought they could get an easy collar. Sorry to disappoint haha.

Some laws are getting a little crazy...You can get an impaired charge sitting on your couch hours after driving apparently? https://globalnews.ca/news/4832762/i...reath-samples/ So what if drive home from work, piss off someone on the road, go home and start pounding beers? Can I lose my license? How would I prove I wasn't pounding beers all the way home lol

Edit: I figure I should edit this one^I don't want any Karen's thinking I drive while hammered or condone those retards who choose to.
    Last edited by Fummins; 11-03-2020 at 12:56 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (11-02-2020)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I was stopped for going too slow, LOL! Actually not my fault, I was passing a car who was on the brakes going downhill and they sped up. Cop was nice, he just told me to floor it next time. Just an FYI stop, he implied. Maybe he owned a Mirage, because he was almost laughing!
    He was right, I do baby that motor.
    Hoping for 500,000 miles out of it.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tomrad For This Useful Post:

Eggman (11-03-2020),Mark (11-03-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomrad View Post
    I was stopped for going too slow, LOL! Actually not my fault, I was passing a car who was on the brakes going downhill and they sped up. Cop was nice, he just told me to floor it next time. Just an FYI stop, he implied. Maybe he owned a Mirage, because he was almost laughing!
    He was right, I do baby that motor.
    Hoping for 500,000 miles out of it.
    Approximately what year would it be for you to reach 500,000 miles?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (11-03-2020)

It'd take me til about 2077 to get up to 500,000miles in mine. I'll likely be very dead before then.
    Last edited by Fummins; 11-03-2020 at 06:50 PM.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Approximately what year would it be for you to reach 500,000 miles?
    2044. That's if I keep working well past 65 and driving the same distance.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to tomrad For This Useful Post:

Eggman (11-03-2020)