Thread: Fuel efficiency: Unexpected differences (comparing each half of a round trip)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,501 Times in 1,093 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I'm sure many rental/lease vehicles are slightly abused, too.
    Slightly? Have you ever rented a car? When I do, one or the other pedal is to the floor. Not every tire is in contact with the ground at all times. A rental car is where I learned how to do a proper neutral drop.

I rented a G4 CVT turd from Turo one time on vacation, just for fun. I've never had a throttle planted to a floor more in any vehicle. I took it to Death Valley and still hammered it everywhere. It started having some kind of problem in Death Valley. I can't remember exactly. But in the hottest part of death valley, full max A/C, me giving it hell, I want to say, it started making some kind of weird smell that was blowing into the cabin. And it was just barely keep the inside of the car cool. I decided that since I was in Death Valley, in the middle of no friggin where, in August and noone around, maybe I should take it more easy on the car ... just in case. I did, but the weird smell didn't go away until we got out of Death Valley. I think something under the hood might have been burning.

So, abused? Yeah, they get the crap beat out of them.
    Last edited by 7milesout; 12-18-2020 at 06:13 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Mark (12-21-2020)