Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Door Locks Stopped Working...Sort Of - Fixed! CVT Shifter Not Fully Seated in Park

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Question Door Locks Stopped Working...Sort Of - Fixed! CVT Shifter Not Fully Seated in Park

This morning when I got to work, I tried to lock my doors as usual but they wouldn't lock. I have two remotes with me and neither would lock the doors AND the door switches would not lock the doors either. However, the UNLOCK function works fine on bothe the remotes and the door switches. When I try to lock the doors using the door switches, I can hear a relay clicking somewhere under the dash, but the doors won't lock. And, again, the unlock function works just fine.

Anybody have some suggestions for what I should look for to fix this problem; it's annoying having to go around the car and manually lock each door. And the lift gate won't lock at all.

Quote Originally Posted by stecoop View Post
    Eggman, you hit that nail right on the head...the shift lever was, apparently, not fully seated in the park position; I wiggled it and heard a little click from it. After that, I found the doors would lock with the remotes and the door switches. What a bizarre little car!!

Last edited by Eggman; 11-07-2020 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Added solution

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    If all doors are unlocked, when pressing the lock button ... NONE of the doors lock? Just some relay clicking sound?

What year model is your Mirage?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Is this for pushbutton start? The Mirage won’t lock the doors if one of the transponders is inside the car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Is the interior light staying on? Does it comw on when each door is opened?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Is this for pushbutton start? The Mirage won’t lock the doors if one of the transponders is inside the car.
    According to his garage entry, he has a 2017 ES (keys with remote lock/unlock buttons).

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My car is a 2017 ES, no pushbutton start, keys and remotes only.

With all doors unlocked, NONE of the doors will lock, just a relay clicking sound; also, if I use the remote, the exterior lights flash as they normally would.

The interior light is not staying on, but it does come on when I open any of the doors.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to stecoop For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (11-05-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I might be pointing out the obvious, but I don't think it's your keyfob. Maybe that narrows it down.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Being a 2017, wouldn't this car still be covered bumper-to-bumper? Or is it over miles?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I might be pointing out the obvious, but I don't think it's your keyfob. Maybe that narrows it down.
    He has some other issue, because his power door locks will not operate when pushing the lock/unlock button on his door, too.

Curious - How do you lock/unlock your rear hatch on your Mirage without power locks or remote entry? Does your rear hatch have a manual lock button?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    He has some other issue, because his power door locks will not operate when pushing the lock/unlock button on his door, too.

Curious - How do you lock/unlock your rear hatch on your Mirage without power locks or remote entry? Does your rear hatch have a manual lock button?
    I lock/unlock my rear hatch using my car key. My hatch has an actual key hole, identical to the key holes on the driver door and the passenger door.

You just put the key in, and turn to the right, and this locks the hatch. Turn the other way, and unlocks the hatch.

Edit sorry in cold weather, the key mechanism on the driver's door gets really sticky.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)