Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
I emailed Richard at White Bear to inquire if the 400k mile unicorn ever had the cvt or engine replaced and he answered back he didn't think so and would get back to me with further info. He never did even though I explained hundreds of inquiring minds from MirageForum wanted to know. In the article, they stated the wheel bearings and starter were replaced under warranty but well after 100k miles? Did they extend a warranty?
It's not uncommon for White Bear to offer a lifetime/unlimited miles powertrain warranty for their vehicles, but I've haven't read the fine print for mine. Wheel bearings & starter wouldn't fall under a power train warranty. Owners may have paid extra for more warranty coverage, too?

I had the same thought as you about all that. Regardless, the 414,000 mile Mirage is a good example of the durability of these small cars. I had my reservations at the time of purchase. The fleet of cars Fummins was taking care of eased my mine at the time, & that's still the case almost 4 years later now.