Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Why Nissan CVT's FAIL

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Sorry I meant those are the only 2 JATCO models uses in NA, my bad.
    I said OTHER posts lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'm still waiting for a Nissan cvt to die of natural causes. I just pulled in a 2018 Nv200 with 329k kms/204k miles. Cvt fluid has been replaced twice(I'm changing a third time right meow). I don't know what model of cvt is in this thing but it is a little different than the Mirage one. I use the same universal cvt fluid for both vehicles.

One other weird thing I find is the fluid I drain from the Nissan cvt's always looks clean and transparent regardless of the time between the last fluid change, while the Mirage fluid is always dark like engine oil that's overdue by a year or two after 30k miles.
    I've still yet to see a Nissan cvt fail. The highest mileage Nv200 Van is a 2018 with 512k kms/318k miles, The cvt was replaced when it was 4 months old at 40k kms when the cvt cooler sprung a leak and it was destroyed by driving it and ignoring life. So that cvt has about 480k(used unit had 10k when installed).
    The next up is a 2018 with 420k km/260k miles, then another 2018 with 402k kms/250k miles. I am suprised with how the powertrain is holding together. I've never replaced a cvt filter in any of them, just the odd fluid change(drain via drain plug and refill). The fluid is always nice and clean in these things. I still have no idea what model cvt is in these things.
    The

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,742 Times in 2,143 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I've still yet to see a Nissan cvt fail. The highest mileage Nv200 Van is a 2018 with 512k kms/318k miles, The cvt was replaced when it was 4 months old at 40k kms when the cvt cooler sprung a leak and it was destroyed by driving it and ignoring life. So that cvt has about 480k(used unit had 10k when installed).
    The next up is a 2018 with 420k km/260k miles, then another 2018 with 402k kms/250k miles. I am suprised with how the powertrain is holding together. I've never replaced a cvt filter in any of them, just the odd fluid change(drain via drain plug and refill). The fluid is always nice and clean in these things. I still have no idea what model cvt is in these things.
    The
    That's good news!

What interval are changing the fluid at?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post

What interval are changing the fluid at?
    Sure...I've been trying to do it at 60k miles/100k kms but that's not always the case. It looks like the one van had 2 cvt fluid changes, one when it was replaced and the other was somewhat overdue.