Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi doesn't care what you think

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts

Mitsubishi doesn't care what you think

Some may find this interesting, but maybe not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aTFnpn7nCQ

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (12-16-2020)

I only made it to 1:30 lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (12-16-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Lolol... He basically really likes the Mirage and would have thought it would have been cool if he would have been able to buy a brand new one in high school or college.
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I only made it to 1:30 lol
    To be honest I didn't watch much either. The beginning is strange, & I don't really care. I don't think the Alliance has their act together, & they aren't sending the Mitsubishi vehicles I would be interested in here anyways.

I like my Mirage, but I'm not loyal to any brand at the moment.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    Lolol... He basically really likes the Mirage and would have thought it would have been cool if he would have been able to buy a brand new one in high school or college.
    When I was in college, the Mirage would have competed well. Chevy & Ford were selling some junky small cars back then. Surely opened the door for the likes of Honda, Toyota, & Nissan.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just watched this earlier today. Donut is actually a really good channel with some great content. I can see how they wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, though.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PityOnU For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (12-16-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    The comments section is basically DSM fanboys whining about the Evo and Eclipse being gone when those same guys spent their money on used WRXs and S2000s back when Mitsubishi was still building those cars.

Ho-hum. The narrator isn't entirely wrong about Mitsubishi as a company, though. Mismanagement has been a problem for decades. Manufacturers are discontinuing car models in favor of SUV/CUV models across the board and this isn't something car enthusiasts are down with.

The rallying cry in the comments thread is basically, "Bring back the Evo!" But everyone knows if it did come back it would be some absurd SUV-ified suburban assault vehicle with an electric drivetrain.

Country
    France
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    The comments section is basically DSM fanboys whining about the Evo and Eclipse being gone when those same guys spent their money on used WRXs and S2000s back when Mitsubishi was still building those cars.

Ho-hum. The narrator isn't entirely wrong about Mitsubishi as a company, though. Mismanagement has been a problem for decades. Manufacturers are discontinuing car models in favor of SUV/CUV models across the board and this isn't something car enthusiasts are down with.

The rallying cry in the comments thread is basically, "Bring back the Evo!" But everyone knows if it did come back it would be some absurd SUV-ified suburban assault vehicle with an electric drivetrain.
    I don't understand why do people put small compact car like Mirage on the same side that other duty car like Evo or Wrx. You don't buy a Mirage because you want a 300 Hp car. You buy a Mirage because it's tiny, so you can park it everywhere. You buy a Mirage because you don't want to spend all your montly salary in gasoline. You buy a Mirage because you don't want to put the price of a house in a car. And for myself I have buy a Mirage for these reason but too because it's a nice-looking car. I have be in some car meeting with big car like Wrx and Evo and people were like "we don't know Mitsubishi still product such nice looking car for a tiny car" and they are right, people think nice looking Japanese car is dead since 2000 but it's not.

Yes, the Mirage is a very nice looking car. You don't buy it because you are "poor", but because you want a economical use of your car. Don't everybody want to put montly salary on a car. I'm such like that. I love my Mirage and it's not a "default car". I could have buy a car who cost much but what would be the point if you are looking for economy and a tiny nice looking car.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mitsu For This Useful Post:

Adam - UK (12-16-2020),Cobrajet (12-16-2020),dragon2knight (12-16-2020),dspace9 (12-16-2020),MirageRally (12-16-2020),precisionxt (12-17-2020),Subcompact Culture (12-16-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well said!
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

Mitsu (12-16-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I Have both cars for different purposes. I just drove 500 miles to visit my parents. Did I hop in my Evo RS 5 speed that is at 3000rpm at 75mph on the highway, loud as can be and might get 20mpg from premium fuel or my Mirage that gets 45+mpg, is a little quieter and has a cvt so I dont have to make 1000 shifts?
    Answer: the Mirage has half as many miles as the Evo in 4 months. I've had the Evo for 16 years and 4 months.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BillAce For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (12-16-2020)