Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015 automatic after-market cruise control kit. But, the example video ...

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

2015 automatic after-market cruise control kit. But, the example video ...

2015 Mitsubishi Mirage, 4-door, automatic transmission Â… w/no cruise control

Re: Rostra 250-9633 cruise control kit (that I purchased)

Simple, and to the point: I watched the example installation video on Rostra's website. However, it's for a Subaru Impreza (link below). I want to ensure that I solder to the correct wire. The wire in the Impreza's wiring harness is described as green with a black stripe. Do all manufacturers follow the same color scheme for wiring, now?

I would appreciate anyone sending me in the appropriate direction. I've "been around the block" a few times, took copious notes about the video, and know that I'm fully capable of handling the task before me. But I, and my wife, would like this accomplished the way it should be.

My wife, and my wallet, would certainly appreciate any helpful information. *Keeping my speeding in check is the reason behind the cruise control purchase/installation.

Thank you, in advance.

Rostra cruise control kit installation video at ... http://www.rostra.com/2014-mitsubish...rol-add-on.php

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mirage.owner For This Useful Post:

Eggman (12-17-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    We installed the Rostra unit in our G4. On flat surfaces and dlight inclines it does just fine. If your driving thru rolling hill vountry the rpms kicks up hard to 5000k rpms on medium gradients. Not bad but not great either.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Mirage.owner (12-17-2020)

If you aren't in a rush I can take a look at mine this weekend. It was already in my car when I bought it.
    Did you buy a universal kit or one made for the Mirage?

And no all mfg's do not follow the same color scheme for wiring.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Mirage.owner (12-17-2020)

Here's the instructions from the rostra website. http://www.rostra.com/manuals/250-9633_Form5496A.pdf

It looks like you only need to tap one ignition wire next to the fuse box/
    Last edited by Fummins; 12-17-2020 at 10:21 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Mirage.owner (12-19-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I appreciate the feedback. I can live with the pros and cons that you mentioned. After all, I live and drive (mainly) in the flat "Midwest".

Thanks, again.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mirage.owner For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (12-17-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank You! I wasn't sure what to expect from a forum. Too bad I didn't think of searching for one before I typed MOST of the instructions, from the video, into an Excel spreadsheet. Obviously I didn't look under the right rock to find the link, to the instructions, that you provided.

I'm hoping to install the kit Saturday, the 19th. I appreciate your offer. However, it seems that the instructions provide the information necessary.

I assumed that manufacturers did their own thing, as far as wiring is concerned. Thank you for cementing that knowledge.

Again, thank you [and Dirk Diggler] for what seems to be a wealth of knowledge, in so few words.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mirage.owner For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-17-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage.owner View Post
    2015 Mitsubishi Mirage, 4-door, automatic transmission Â… w/no cruise control
    Hello Mirage.owner and welcome to the forum.

There’s not a lot of these cars on the road. This forum has been a great resource for us owners. Let us know if you have any other questions and we’ll do our best to help.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Mirage.owner (12-18-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome to the forum! Glad to see another Ohioan on here
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I was surprised by the ride/comfort of this vehicle, and it's fuel economy. Heck, at "x" mph, it still gets better gas mileage than the 22mpg that the Subaru Outback gave me.

I am curious, though. Has anyone ever pulled a small trailer with this vehicle? I recall my dad having the suspension changed on his '76 Pontiac Catalina station wagon, to pull the camper. But I'm thinking about a trailer the size of the car (+/-); without having to alter the suspension. I can only assume that it wouldn't be feasible.

I don't see why people whine about this car, unless they're driving it in their youth.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mirage.owner For This Useful Post:

inuvik (12-18-2020)

I wouldn't pull anything too heavy for too long of a distance, especially with a cvt. At least with a 5 speed the clutch will burn out before the transmission. Use your own judgement there, maybe find a way to monitor cvt fluid temp like a scan gauge or something?

The rear springs are pretty dinky in these things, some have added airbags or used different springs to stop it from squatting so bad with weight in the back.

With that said, this isn't a cvt but....https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...with-my-mirage

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post: