Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kumho Solus all weathers, so tricky to find at a store store

Unless you live in where porch pirates are common I don't see the problem. Camera's don't do anything other than let you see someone take your stuff lol.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I've always been reluctant ordering really big and bulky things online.

I know everyone does it, people even order treadmills online. I just never order anything big and bulky from online. I have no real explanation,

I'm just not home half the time, I find it easier to shop in person for big and bulky items. Maybe I need to get over this.
    I understand that, but Quattro may have the option of a nearby installer. They will ship your tires directly to them. You could even leave your rims at that installer, & they will call you when they are mounted & balanced. If you want them to put them on your car, that's a 15-20 minute job for them after they have them mounted/balanced. You're not going to avoid some hassle no matter what you do.

If you know where you are going to have the work done, have the tires shipped there. The business doing the work for you won't care.

You're dragging this into the holidays. That may complicate things no matter what, too?

If you do have a set shipped to your house, are 165/65r14 tires a hot item to steal? Most would think they are trailer tires!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (12-22-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 Times in 2,132 Posts
    Maybe you should wait for your tires to go on sale, dspace9. After all, what’s the big hurry? You’ve got time for a deal to fall in your lap.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (12-22-2020),Fummins (12-21-2020)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (12-22-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Maybe you should wait for your tires to go on sale, dspace9. After all, what’s the big hurry? You’ve got time for a deal to fall in your lap.
    I thought the purpose of getting tires was because his current tires are worn down & not safe for the winter months?

Holding out for a good deal is a good suggestion, but not if you're in need of tires now.

Buying tires shouldn't be this painful!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (12-22-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 Times in 2,132 Posts
    But Spring is around the corner.

Happy Winter Solstice by the way. The days are getting longer!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (12-22-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I took a bunch of vacation time off in January so I didn't have to drive for 11 days if I don't want to. So in those days hopefully I can have new winters bought and installed and taken care of. I'm also supposed to do the Ferrari exotic car experience, that got postponed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I thought the purpose of getting tires was because his current tires are worn down & not safe for the winter months?

Holding out for a good deal is a good suggestion, but not if you're in need of tires now.

Buying tires shouldn't be this painful!
    Ford did a total inspection of my car last month, and my tires all around got a "fair" or middle score, and I have looked at them myself, there is not that much thread left. They looked brand new when I bought the tires for $100 in Toronto in Februray 2019 the tires and rims sat around over a year before I put them on my Mirage.
    In 6 months now since getting my alloys and used tires on, these so-called almost-new used tires actually are wearing out faster than new tires. I am not blaming the seller and the rims too are way more used looking than the rest of my Mirage but the overall rim look is worth it.
    I will probably go with Hankook tires out of an independent place across from Port Huron lol just try full-on winter tires and see what the Mirage can do in the winter time with real winters.

So I don't think I will buy used again, even though everyone keeps telling me in person and in the Forum to buy used winters. Well I think maybe winter tires are better than all-weathers I keep talking about. See how the Mirage is with high quality Hankook tires 4 all around and away we go. At least they aren't solid rubber tires breaking your back lol

PS you can get at least one of the new Mazda CUV's in manual as well look at the Nissan Quashquai I found a 6 speed manual 2017 for cheap and low miles like a4Runner only new.
    Last edited by dspace9; 12-22-2020 at 05:01 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    PS you can get at least one of the new Mazda CUV's in manual as well look at the Nissan Quashquai I found a 6 speed manual 2017 for cheap and low miles like a4Runner only new.
    Do you mean the "Nissan Qashqai" called the Rogue Sport here? All of our Rogue Sports come with a CVT in the States. The smaller Nissan Kicks are also all CVT. I wouldn't buy a new Nissan/CVT vehicle at any price or warranty.

New Mazda CUV in a manual? Which one? AWD/4WD manual would catch my interest. Otherwise, I am sticking with the AWD manual that I already have.

It's been extremely easy to be content with what I already have for quite some time now. Even with a vehicle I sort of like (5-speed manual Mirage), it hasn't changed since 2017. I don't even consider the new 2021 Mirage a change. Trading in my 2017 for a 2021 Mirage wouldn't be an upgrade in my mind. It's the same car with a different front bumper/grill. Why would anyone go back in debt over something like that? Just talking from a practical standpoint.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Do you mean the "Nissan Qashqai" called the Rogue Sport here? All of our Rogue Sports come with a CVT in the States. The smaller Nissan Kicks are also all CVT. I wouldn't buy a new Nissan/CVT vehicle at any price or warranty.

New Mazda CUV in a manual? Which one? AWD/4WD manual would catch my interest. Otherwise, I am sticking with the AWD manual that I already have.

It's been extremely easy to be content with what I already have for quite some time now. Even with a vehicle I sort of like (5-speed manual Mirage), it hasn't changed since 2017. I don't even consider the new 2021 Mirage a change. Trading in my 2017 for a 2021 Mirage wouldn't be an upgrade in my mind. It's the same car with a different front bumper/grill. Why would anyone go back in debt over something like that? Just talking from a practical standpoint.
    I meant Nissan Qashqai, yes sorry Mark, I mistyped eh.. there is a 2017 manual Qashqai non leather (good in my books) for sale near me, and its got low KM's and is cheap relative to most other newer midsize SUVs. The same dealer, called strickland's also has a Mazda CUV 2019 manual. So then overall, more manual options in Canada. I would like to stick with manual tranny with my next car, which may be 3 or more years away.

I have a bunch of vacation time booked for Christmas holidays running into January, almost like I have a different Calendar going on. Anyways might as well take some time off work and get my errands done like actually buy some good quality snow tires. No treads though, those are not legal in Canada anymore and are probably overkill. Snow squalls are like a germ or virus, they don't care what host, snow blindness gets anyone equally no matter what car you're driving.