Thread: White Bear Mitsubishi already discounting 2021 Mirages

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Many dealers don't realize that a base model 5-speed ES is more desirable to a lot of people than a loaded SE/GT. So that might actually work in your favor. Anything priced under MSRP right now (even if it's only a few hundred dollars) would probably be considered a decent deal.

Almost every new car dealer around me is down to a handful of cars...and most of these are for sale at full MSRP (or more if it's a truck/SUV).

5-speed Mirages may be even harder to find now. I just did a search on cars.com and about 200 new Mirages were found...and only 4 of those had a manual transmission.
    This is my word of caution related to all this. When I was on the phone with Richard of White Bear in 2017, I realized within minutes his world was different than ours. Whatever car data base he uses is not what we see on cars.com or autotrader.com.

Within minutes of talking to him, he's telling me how it looked for 2017 SE & ES manuals at the time. Keep in mind the 2018 Mirages were on the lots already, & he's looking for 2017 models. Richard was looking at cars, that I had no clues existed from these other auto websites. If you talk to him, he'll ask you what are your top three colors? Then he just starts looking. My Mirage came from another dealership in the Twin Cities (sat there for most of the year), and it never appeared on any cars.com or autortrader.com website. He knew where my car existed, but I didn't even know that dealership existed. By the way, the dealership he got my Mirage from doesn't exist any more.

My decision came down to an ES for $9,000 or an SE for about $9,800 & a willingness to accept few different color choices. Once I made that decision over the phone, he emailed me about a car in my first color choice about an hour later. I was at school at the time. I bought a car from him during my prep. period. His willingness to deliver it really sealed the deal for me, however.

If you are really serious about buying a particular car, talking to a good general manager is good place to start.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

2of9 (10-15-2021),Fummins (09-14-2021)