Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: WTB Cruise Steering Wheel Switch

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Tempe, AZ
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    WTB Cruise Steering Wheel Switch

    Hi everyone,

    I am looking for a cruise switch for my 2018 Mirage ES. Looking to buy from someone on the forum or the facebook group. I am located in Tempe,AZ if there is anyone local. Otherwise I will pay for shipping from the US.

    I am going to be going on a 2300 mile trip to the east coast by the end of March so hopefully I can find something out there.

    I looked on ebay for Outlander and Mirage Cruise Switches, but wanted to see if anyone on the forums would happen to have one.

    Thanks in advance,

    Nate L.
    onepointO
    (old User Name from TeamSwift.net)


    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #2
    Moderator Eggman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    9,438
    Thanks
    3,867
    Thanked 2,522 Times in 1,913 Posts
    Hello Nate and welcome to the forum.

    Here's hoping you find your switches soon. Have you tried scrapyards like LKQ?

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.5 mpg (US) ... 21.0 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.4 mpg (Imp)


  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Tempe, AZ
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hello Nate and welcome to the forum.

    Here's hoping you find your switches soon. Have you tried scrapyards like LKQ?
    I have called and online searched some of the local scrap yards in Phoenix/Tempe AZ areas but nothing came up. And I am unfamiliar with LKQ. Care to elaborate?

    Thanks for the reply.

    Nate L.
    onepointO

  4. #4
    Moderator Eggman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    9,438
    Thanks
    3,867
    Thanked 2,522 Times in 1,913 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onepointO View Post
    I have called and online searched some of the local scrap yards in Phoenix/Tempe AZ areas but nothing came up. And I am unfamiliar with LKQ. Care to elaborate?

    Thanks for the reply.

    Nate L.
    onepointO
    It's a salvage yard company.

    LKQ Corporation: LKQPickYourPart.com

    Another is Car-Part.com

    Enter your search terms and maybe you can find a donor nearby that has what you need.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.5 mpg (US) ... 21.0 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.4 mpg (Imp)


  5. #5
    Senior Member PityOnU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    WA, USA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    340
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 155 Times in 109 Posts
    The cruise control switches are something I would be pretty careful with, as I believe that while the size/shape is the same across multiple Mitsubishi models and production years, the internal configuration of the buttons (the resistance of the lines) changes ever so slightly. I actually bit the bullet and purchased mine directly from a parts dealer with the OEM part number for like $130, which made me throw up in my mouth a little bit, but I didn't want to gamble elsewhere.

    If I were to do it again, I would echo what Eggman said above: I would raid a smashed Mirage in a local scrap yard. If you haven't already, you can search like, everywhere, on car-part.com. For less than the price I paid for buttons you could probably get a full upgrade to the leather wrapped steering wheel with all the buttons included. Because of COVID, most of the yards have shipping pretty down pat at this point as well.

    Best of luck!

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    SW, WI
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    4,559
    Thanks
    198
    Thanked 1,523 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PityOnU View Post
    The cruise control switches are something I would be pretty careful with, as I believe that while the size/shape is the same across multiple Mitsubishi models and production years, the internal configuration of the buttons (the resistance of the lines) changes ever so slightly. I actually bit the bullet and purchased mine directly from a parts dealer with the OEM part number for like $130, which made me throw up in my mouth a little bit, but I didn't want to gamble elsewhere.

    If I were to do it again, I would echo what Eggman said above: I would raid a smashed Mirage in a local scrap yard. If you haven't already, you can search like, everywhere, on car-part.com. For less than the price I paid for buttons you could probably get a full upgrade to the leather wrapped steering wheel with all the buttons included. Because of COVID, most of the yards have shipping pretty down pat at this point as well.

    Best of luck!
    Dealer I bought my 2017 Mirage wanted $599 to install cruise (aftermarket rostra kit). I never had it done, but that was the quote before & after I purchased my Mirage. Thus, $130 doesn't sound that bad. Finding exactly what you need from a scrape yard would be best, however.

    It's nice that cruise was added to the ES in 2019+.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Top_Fuel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    3,040
    Thanks
    1,954
    Thanked 1,914 Times in 1,115 Posts
    Here's a complete leather steering wheel on eBay for a 2017-2019 for $120.
    The cruise control switch (by itself) on the right side of the steering wheel is almost $150 from Mitsubishi.

    Name:  steeringwheel.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  63.6 KB


        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.1 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)


  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

    PityOnU (02-13-2021)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •