Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Your Mirage has TWO fuel economy MPG gauges, (A & B) in the multi information display

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    I had it once, no bars left, and the fuel gage intermittendly going on and off to warn me of near disaster. 10 km after this happened I had a refill. I could fit 29 litres in the tank, so I conclude that at the moment it went blinking it must have had 6 to 7 liters left in the tank. However, in practice it must be less, as it is unlikely that you can drive the tank completely dry. So, shall we settle for 5 litres left when it starts blinking?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Unless the Canadian site is not accurate, it doesn't appear that they have made any changes to the 2017 multi-info display.

My 2014 CVT Lancer shows fuel level, average fuel economy, instantaneous fuel economy (bar graph - 1.25L/100km steps), outside temp, and current gear (P,N,D,R, etc etc) on the main screen. I really count on the instantaneous fuel economy bar graph to keep my mileage down. With a 2.0L engine, it doesn't take much to get crappy mileage.

The ECO light does nothing. The light will just come on if you press down the gas peddle too hard. It doesn't matter if I'm driving at 5L/100km or 15L/100km.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 53.4 mpg (US) ... 22.7 km/L ... 4.4 L/100 km ... 64.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerAbuser View Post
    Unless the Canadian site is not accurate, it doesn't appear that they have made any changes to the 2017 multi-info display.

My 2014 CVT Lancer shows fuel level, average fuel economy, instantaneous fuel economy (bar graph - 1.25L/100km steps), outside temp, and current gear (P,N,D,R, etc etc) on the main screen. I really count on the instantaneous fuel economy bar graph to keep my mileage down. With a 2.0L engine, it doesn't take much to get crappy mileage.

The ECO light does nothing. The light will just come on if you press down the gas peddle too hard. It doesn't matter if I'm driving at 5L/100km or 15L/100km.
    On the Mirage if you press the throttle too much the "ECO" light will go off not on.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    On the Mirage if you press the throttle too much the "ECO" light will go off not on.
    Ha ha, yes indeed, I should have caught that before I posted it. It behaves the same in the Lancer, I was thinking backwards.

A couple of other interesting things about the ECO light in the Lancer (I can't say if it behaves the same in the Mirage)
    - It turns off when coasting in Neutral
    - It turns off when going over 130 km/h. You could be going downhill driving at 5L/100km and once you pass 130 km/h it turns off, even while still driving at 5L/100km and no change in peddle pressure. I guess someone at Mitsu decided your not driving economically when going over 130km/h, regardless of your fuel rate.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 53.4 mpg (US) ... 22.7 km/L ... 4.4 L/100 km ... 64.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks

symbol

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Can anyone tell me what the symbol means after "AVG" on the average fuel economy screen?

Looks like a zero with a slash through it.
    It is the symbol for "average". So it says it twice, for people who cannot read, apparently....

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    I screwed up the "B" average fuel consumption and the "B" distance travelled. I tried to reset it to zero, but pressed too long. It gave five beeps, and now I cannot find these functions anymore. Can anybody help me to find them back?

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RodeRoNL View Post
    I screwed up the "B" average fuel consumption and the "B" distance travelled. I tried to reset it to zero, but pressed too long. It gave five beeps, and now I cannot find these functions anymore. Can anybody help me to find them back?
    what you changed is the way you display avg consumption. Go read in the manual where it tells you how to set it back. Can't remember where to read, but you will find it... good luck

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage Intense 1.2 manual: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks

change funtions

Quote Originally Posted by Cleartec View Post
    what you changed is the way you display avg consumption. Go read in the manual where it tells you how to set it back. Can't remember where to read, but you will find it... good luck
    I am afraid it is a bit more serious than that.... I lost the function allthogether, including one of the the odo that you can resetl.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Finally got around to check guage B. 43.8 had never been reset Car has 14k I think it may be resetting itself after 9,999mi

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cyclopathic For This Useful Post:

inuvik (03-20-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerAbuser View Post
    A couple of other interesting things about the ECO light in the Lancer (I can't say if it behaves the same in the Mirage)
    - It turns off when coasting in Neutral
    It does this because if you decelerate in neutral the engine needs to keep running and getting fuel to maintain idle. When you decelerate in gear the vacuum and throttle position sensor at zero tell the computer you are decelerating so it turns on Deceleration Fuel Cut Off. You don't need fuel to maintain the idle because the vehicle speed will turn the engine.

I've tuned a lot of GM lsx vehicles and you can't get as aggressive as the Mirage's factory DFCO settings because the big v8 will slow the car down so much it's a problem. In my Mirage? I leave it in gear and let off as much as possible. Doing so will maximize fuel savings.

That being said....I had DFCO turned on aggressively in my 02 camaro with ls1 and 4l60 automatic. Used to average 23-4mpg in an auto!! That car ran 12.5@112 with nothing more than long tube headers and tuning for 93. Dyno'd 340 at the wheel. If it had been a 6 speed I could see getting 25+ no sweat. A lot of guys on stock engine ls1 t56 cars were knocking on 30mpg on the highway without things like cylinder deactivation simply because 6th gear was so tall and the ls1 had more than enough torque to propel the car at highways speeds well below 2k rpm.

People I tuned for didn't like aggressive DFCO usually so I would either disable it or keep it as soft as factory. I can feel it in the Mirage but it's not like the engine braking feel I used to get in my camaro. My camaro would slow down so fast without brakes I had to watch people behind me to make sure they were paying attention.

My old camaro running the 1/8th mile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmZHrLpBY28

Last edited by Wubbalubbadubdub; 03-30-2016 at 03:44 PM.