Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: I've owned my Mirage for 85 months - 1 owner's time

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Erfar View Post
    Congratulations on paying off your Mirage! That's awesome!
    We don't hear much from dspace9 these days. He paid off his Mirage & added a woman to his life! Now, he doesn't seem to have much time for us on the forum any more!

If he reads this, however, I am just yanking his chain!

Welcome to the forum!

Check back later, I'll bet you half a beer that the post you replied to will have a spammy link added.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Check back later, I'll bet you half a beer that the post you replied to will have a spammy link added.
    According to the scamalytics website the IP address is a medium risk for fraud. I'll keep the Ban Hammer warmed up just in case it's necessary.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I half-suspected that. My post was meant mostly for dspace9 if he is still out there somewhere?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    My post was meant mostly for dspace9 if he is still out there somewhere?
    He's in deepspace9.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (07-31-2023),precisionxt (07-31-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    He's in deepspace9.
    Apparently, there's no internet in deepspace9?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (07-31-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Apparently, there's no internet in deepspace9?
    Hey guys, I just got an email saying this thread has been updated. I haven't been online much at all lately. Sorry about that, I have been so busy with my girlfriend and work and everything.

Yesterday my Mirage turned over 200,000 km's. That's after over 9 years driving the thing. My Mirage still gets me from point A to point B getting really good MPGs; and I still stuff my Mirage's hatch full of lawn debris; and junk left over from the previous owners of my house. Also, my Mirage is a really good grocery getter.

I have thought of replacing my Mirage many times, but the car serves the purpose of getting me to work cheap, very well. I don't want to spend a lot to commute to work. Also, I can't get over the prices of new cars!! I actually looked at a new Nissan Versa a few months ago, listed at $18,500 or so. That was in the spring. Now, if I look online, the MSRP price is $22,500 or so. Same year, same 5 speed manual trim. But the price has jumped $4,000. That is just ridiculous.

I will keep my Mirage for a while yet. Maybe one day they will release a cheaper plug-in hybrid car so I can drive on electric during the week, and gas on the weekends. But I'm not spending $50,000 on any car, ever. I will go used, or I will just go to 300,000 kms on my Mirage.

I also recently changed my car and house insurance, so now I am paying about $70 a month for car insurance. In Canada, that is a good price.

Until then, cheers old friends Mark, 7milesout and others!!! Enjoy the rest of your summer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

inuvik (07-31-2023),Mark (08-01-2023),MetroMPG (08-01-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Hey guys, I just got an email saying this thread has been updated. I haven't been online much at all lately. Sorry about that, I have been so busy with my girlfriend and work and everything.

Yesterday my Mirage turned over 200,000 km's. That's after over 9 years driving the thing. My Mirage still gets me from point A to point B getting really good MPGs; and I still stuff my Mirage's hatch full of lawn debris; and junk left over from the previous owners of my house. Also, my Mirage is a really good grocery getter.

I have thought of replacing my Mirage many times, but the car serves the purpose of getting me to work cheap, very well. I don't want to spend a lot to commute to work. Also, I can't get over the prices of new cars!! I actually looked at a new Nissan Versa a few months ago, listed at $18,500 or so. That was in the spring. Now, if I look online, the MSRP price is $22,500 or so. Same year, same 5 speed manual trim. But the price has jumped $4,000. That is just ridiculous.

I will keep my Mirage for a while yet. Maybe one day they will release a cheaper plug-in hybrid car so I can drive on electric during the week, and gas on the weekends. But I'm not spending $50,000 on any car, ever. I will go used, or I will just go to 300,000 kms on my Mirage.

I also recently changed my car and house insurance, so now I am paying about $70 a month for car insurance. In Canada, that is a good price.

Until then, cheers old friends Mark, 7milesout and others!!! Enjoy the rest of your summer
    Good to hear from you & get an update! I guess 7milesout was wrong about you being in deepspace9. Sounds like you are in a good place in life, & I am happy for you!

I am in the same boat as far as new vehicles are concerned. I'm not that willing to spend that much on one. It has nothing to do with whether I can afford it or not. I have already said it a number of times, but I may not buy another new vehicle in my lifetime.

Enjoy the rest of your summer, too!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (07-31-2023)

How dare you have a life outside of this forum!

Have a great summer!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Mark (08-01-2023)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts

DSpace! The prodigal son returns!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Mark (08-01-2023)