Thread: Recommendation for Towing

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    No one said you wouldn't make it, it's just not the best thing to do as the brakes and suspension are not designed for towing anything. And you have the bike loaded improperly for reducing tongue weight too lol. I know it has a little nook for the front tire but having the bike further back would reduce tongue weight. No biggie glad it all worked out. Those wheels look nice on the mirage.
    It's really hard to tell on that trailer where the proper location would be? A Super Cub is only 240 pounds. You definitely want some weight on the tongue, & I have to believe the rear trailer ramp has some weight to it. Then again the location of the trailer axle may take that into account. If he were hauling something that weighed close to the trailer's capacity, the location of the load would be more critical.

This sort of tells me he did good with the load - "I was worried about bottoming out the rear springs, but to the best of my knowledge, that never happened. However, the back bounced around more than usual with the empty trailer attached. Having the trailer loaded did away with that sensation."

It's better his tongue is pushing down on the car some verses having it almost balanced & lifting the rear of the car at times. Heck, I am more of a load than that Super Cub!
    Last edited by Mark; 05-18-2021 at 09:15 PM.