Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2021 Mirage ES base model - Can I add cruise control?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bunio14 View Post
    So, I don't have a lot of time today but managed to quickly install the switch - was easier than expected. Question - right after installing (no coding done yet) - is it active at all? I mean - no CC indicator comes up on the cluster when pressing the button. Is it normal that it's dead with no coding? I would hope so, otherwise it means I am missing some wires or the switch is faulty.
    I have checked the brake switch (partially) - it has 4 wires for sure, did not check if the switch itself is the 4 pin type.
    I have done the same modification as you, (on a 2015 CVT model)and had the same issue ( no CC light) even after updating the Etacs.
    So I pulled the dash pod/speedo unit to see if there was an led for the CC and it was absent so I soldered a replacement while I switched out the turn signal leds at the same time,( the originals were too dim) afte r putting it all back together the turn signals worked very well, but the CC indicator didn't light up....maybe a defective led or I got the polarity wrong, but the CC does work.

I had a similar talk with the dealers service advisor & technician about updating the ETACS and their opinion was that if a factory install/flip chart wasn't available to the they wouldn't proceed with my "grey market" upgrade, as impressive as it was to them. I didn't even try to ask if I could use their MUT3 machine as they were not too encouraging to start, lol!
    I ended up doing it on my own and used the original etacs map once after the first update resulted in the car being stuck in low gear, but the second attempt worked, thankfully.

edited to add: I just noticed your model is a 2022 and mine is a 2015, my cc switch is a 8602A088 and yours is a 8602A115, probably a switch change due to the newer model year, something others should be aware of.

Last edited by strawboss; 04-19-2024 at 04:25 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to strawboss For This Useful Post:

Eggman (04-19-2024)

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by strawboss View Post
    I have done the same modification as you, (on a 2015 CVT model)and had the same issue ( no CC light) even after updating the Etacs.
    So I pulled the dash pod/speedo unit to see if there was an led for the CC and it was absent so I soldered a replacement while I switched out the turn signal leds at the same time,( the originals were too dim) afte r putting it all back together the turn signals worked very well, but the CC indicator didn't light up....maybe a defective led or I got the polarity wrong, but the CC does work.
    https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...rument-cluster

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FreeYourSOUL For This Useful Post:

strawboss (04-23-2024)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeYourSOUL View Post
    Yes thanks for the link, I used your info to attempt to correct the "no light" issue on my CC indicator in the pod.
    If pulling the pod wasn't such a pita I would've attempted another fix to replace the first led, but the CC works

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)