Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Mirage hitch compatibility

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

2023 Mirage hitch compatibility

Hello all,

Trying to find a compatible hitch for my 2023 Mirage, have found the link below which shows compatible with 2022 Mirage. When I check the bolt pattern on the frame it seems to match, wondering if anyone knows if there are any differences between the 2022 and 2023 frame holes.

https://www.trailerjacks.com/14-17-m...h-tow-receiver

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I do not think that there are any differences between the 2022 and 2023 other than seats & radio
    Last edited by mohammad; 08-03-2023 at 03:12 AM.
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

sunbeam (08-03-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunbeam View Post
    Hello all,

Trying to find a compatible hitch for my 2023 Mirage, have found the link below which shows compatible with 2022 Mirage. When I check the bolt pattern on the frame it seems to match, wondering if anyone knows if there are any differences between the 2022 and 2023 frame holes.

https://www.trailerjacks.com/14-17-m...h-tow-receiver
    I prefer the Curt style much better!

It fits the 2014-21. So it will fit a 22/23, too! These cars haven't changed one bit in that respect.

Curt C11394

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Marklovski (08-07-2023),mohammad (08-03-2023),sunbeam (08-03-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Many thanks Mark.

It is interesting, I sent an email to etrailer.com on the Curt model and they responded that it was not compatible with the 2023.

The draw-tight hitch had a 2000lb rating vs a 1500lb for the Curt so I figured might as well go with the higher rated model.

Will update on the install once the hitch arrives.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I wonder if the metal is any thicker on the higher rated model.
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Many thanks Mark.

It is interesting, I sent an email to etrailer.com on the Curt model and they responded that it was not compatible with the 2023.

They're probably just going off the info they have. The actual hitch mfg's likely haven't tried their hitches on the latest model or haven't updated their catalogs to show the 2023's. I haven't looked that close but haven't noticed any differences between the "frames" of the 2014-2023 models. The only changes I see are the charcoal canister(under the spare tire/floor) is different but I don't think that'd affect installing a hitch.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Hi all, thanks Fummins, it just seemed odd that they specifically confirmed that it would not fit is all.
    Wanted to double check if there is something obvious I am missing.

It turns out the draw-tite model is discontinued. Am on to looking at the Curt Hitch.

The Curt model below lists compatibility up to 2021. So is there any appreciable difference between the 2021 and 2022-2023?
    Upon visual inspection the frame holes look to me to be similar to the diagram in the hitch manual.

https://www.etrailer.com/p-C11394.ht...hhmodel=Mirage

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Hi all, thanks Fummins, it just seemed odd that they specifically confirmed that it would not fit is all.
    Wanted to double check if there is something obvious I am missing.

It turns out the draw-tite model is discontinued. Am on to looking at the Curt Hitch.

The Curt model below lists compatibility up to 2021. So is there any appreciable difference between the 2021 and 2022-2023?
    Upon visual inspection the frame holes look to me to be similar to the diagram in the hitch manual.

https://www.etrailer.com/p-C11394.ht...hhmodel=Mirage
    As far as I know zero changes frame wise. Unless Fummins has seen something different it should be one size fits all.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

They all look the same from the bottom to me except charcoal canister and the rubber exhaust hangers. I'd give it a go.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Many thanks Mark.

The draw-tight hitch had a 2000lb rating vs a 1500lb for the Curt so I figured might as well go with the higher rated model.

Will update on the install once the hitch arrives.
    The Draw-Tite may claim more weight, but the design does not look impressive to me. I have used several Draw-Tite hitches in the past on other vehicles. My current Forester has one, but it's not a goofy looking mess like the one made for a Mirage.

You will be better off with the Curt in my opinion.!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

mohammad (08-07-2023)