Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Random odd or cheap for sale...

Found a cheap Fummins! https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...2406?undefined Looks like a bargain?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,684 Times in 2,103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Found a cheap Fummins! https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...2406?undefined Looks like a bargain?
    I never connected the dots. Is that where you got your forum name from? Ford truck with Cummins engine.

"Perhaps one of the most sought-after diesel combinations is a Cummins engine in a Ford truck, or “Fummins” as many call it. ..."
    Nov 5, 2014

If so, you're quite desirable!

Attachment 21391Yupp...Pretty original lol. It's what I drove at the time as a daily.

I had what I thought was a reliable combo. A mechanical 12 valve and a cast iron 6 speed, with a ford/dodge tranfer case(dodge input, ford output). The crewcab had tons of room in the back, kinda between the megacab and a quad cab dodge. I wanted to build one but have no room or time. Now I've got an 05 dodge that I love/hate.
    Last edited by Fummins; 06-21-2021 at 09:24 PM. Reason: added pic from my old tiny house with junky backyard lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,684 Times in 2,103 Posts
    Attachment 21391Yupp...Pretty original lol. It's what I drove at the time as a daily.

I had what I thought was a reliable combo. A mechanical 12 valve and a cast iron 6 speed, with a ford/dodge tranfer case(dodge input, ford output). The crewcab had tons of room in the back, kinda between the megacab and a quad cab dodge. I wanted to build one but have no room or time. Now I've got an 05 dodge that I love/hate.
    June 21st - I learned something today. I didn't even know a Fummins was a thing!

Your forum name doesn't sound that goofy to me any more!

Last edited by Fummins; 06-30-2021 at 07:41 PM.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts

House looks cozy. I bet it handles blizzards nicely with heat insulation. What about AC? Is it needed that far up north usually?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    House looks cozy. I bet it handles blizzards nicely with heat insulation. What about AC? Is it needed that far up north usually?
    That's my old house. Pretty much the cheapest place I could find that wasn't considerably older than myself. It was a sweat lodge in the summer.
    Current place is bigger and has central ac. We had it installed after the first year. Could live without it but I'd rather clean up after my dog without a shovel.

It's hotter as eff here lately, record setting week I believe with temps in the 100's. I don't know how you guys live in the heat down there! 68 is warm enough for me.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    That's my old house. Pretty much the cheapest place I could find that wasn't considerably older than myself. It was a sweat lodge in the summer.
    Current place is bigger and has central ac. We had it installed after the first year. Could live without it but I'd rather clean up after my dog without a shovel.

It's hotter as eff here lately, record setting week I believe with temps in the 100's. I don't know how you guys live in the heat down there! 68 is warm enough for me.
    Its been mild down here. Mild meaning high 80s. I can't believe Canada is in the 100s! That's nuts. At least with all these new passage ways opening up in the north pole for shipping Canada is going to be a lot richer and have easier access to oil.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I don't even know what to say to that...

Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Basic For This Useful Post:

craigq (07-07-2021)