Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Exhaust Ideas ... again.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,501 Times in 1,093 Posts
    I understand that perfectly, as I could tell that the bolts must have a step / shoulder on them (without having seen them uninstalled), or the springs would be crushed down until they were ... how say ... gapless.

Meaning, there'd be no gap between the spring coils (once fully installed) if there weren't a step on the bolt that bottomed on a flange. It would be pointless to have the springs, if the bolt bottomed on the flange with the springs. The springs control the flange to gasket pressure (evidently, I assume).

The repair kit flange works the same way. Probably will retro fit perfectly, if the hole spacing works. If it doesn't, I'll fire up the mill and MAKE it work.

I've now ordered the repair flange AND the glasspack.

I'm going to be embarrassed as hell getting data. But little electronic gizmos in the car, including smart phone apps, are just NOT as accurate / consistent as trap speed at the drag strip. And the power change (up or down) is going to be so small, accuracy will be required.

I'm going to print out a window message, to let them know, in some way, that I'm there for data, not for racing. I don't know how to word it ... any suggestions? Some kind of message that means the OPPOSITE of "will run for pinks!"

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

"this is for scientificals" or "pre-transition testing in progress". You gots to record this!

You should tow it to the track in a 40' race trailer with your Dodge. Act like this when the bikini clad women open it up for you https://youtu.be/8IYoYKPZjY4?si=7wuiiG87Ik36ha8Y&t=15
    Last edited by Fummins; 06-03-2024 at 07:56 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    First time I watched that movie, I was in South Korea. In the Hyundai Hotel in Namyang. It was a weekend and I was bored, and happen to catch it when it came on and it was in English. So I was like, OK. I didn't want to watch it but there was nothing else to do.

I was real glad that I did. Lots of quality TNA. When they got to the part where the American kid said, "why would you give me this car?" And the guy said, "you represent me now, I can't let you be seen in a Hyundai." I screamed out an authentic laugh so hard I'm sure lots of people around heard that. It became one of my favorite movies ever, just from that line.

But no, I'm going to fuel it full, drive it to the Silver Dollar Raceway, and try to get 10 runs down, swapping the snorkel on / off each time. I'm not going to launch hard. I want the clutch to not get busted. But they take that chit SERIOUS down there. Now even more since the morons shut down and plowed under the famous and historic Atlanta Dragway. I'm sure a lot of that traffic is down at Silver Dollar now. Serious serious stuff. I'm going to more or less, be in the way. Need something credible in the window.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Can anyone think of a truly scientific way I can test the power output of the Blueberry without having to take it to the drag strip?

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Can anyone think of a truly scientific way I can test the power output of the Blueberry without having to take it to the drag strip?
    Search for a shop with a chassis dyno. I have no eyedear what that'd cost to do a couple baseline runs them comeback and do some afters but you'd likely have a smaller audience.
    Or buy one. An in-floor dynojet with a/f sniffer was around $50k when a friend(past tense) bought one 20 or so years ago. That doesn't seem so expensive anymore. I saw a few people that had a g-tech unit that was used to measure 1/4 mile and 0-60. Not sure how accurate it was but probably more so than using a phone that may have slower refresh rates?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)