Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An Evo return?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

An Evo return?

Fingers crossed this can happen. Mitsubishi has enough SUV'S, and one kickass subcompact.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/41356/...olution-report

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    All we buy here is _UVs, which is one of the reasons they killed off the Evo in the first place. I am hoping it comes back (and how about a Ralliart Mirage, Mitsubishi), but I suspect it will only be sold in countries where the Lancer is still a thing.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

2of9 (07-01-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    All we buy here is _UVs, which is one of the reasons they killed off the Evo in the first place. I am hoping it comes back (and how about a Ralliart Mirage, Mitsubishi), but I suspect it will only be sold in countries where the Lancer is still a thing.
    You're probably right. One can hope, I guess. It would be nice to get a performance car before the world goes completely Red Barchetta.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I could see the big wigs naming a new SUV a "Lancer Cross." Sounds like the name of a horse that can win races and fast.

Now that Mitsubishi has recently done retro naming with 2 cars: with the Eclipse Cross name, and the Outlander name now, it's intentional obviously to brand to memories of yore in people. The Impreza and the Mustang live on half on the name brand product recognition, as far as I'm concerned. That's ok too, whatever works for the driver. Anyway my old good neighbour had an old ralliart Lancer, I never saw the car, he had his purple dodge truck and his snowplow 4 wheeler.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have a feeling it accessories would be available to the US market but actual Ralliart vehicles from Mitsubishi will be available outside of the USA. Mitsubishi still has awesome trucks outside the USA, and some pretty damn cool ones.

It's an uphill battle, especially with the rise of SUV/CUV + EV sales. If anything, the next Evo will be a limited edition. Especially with the collaboration with the other auto manufacturers.

A 6spd, 3 cylinder turbo Mirage would be wicked fun. Not sure if it would be worth $25k for that though but it just really depends.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I would say that Mitsubishi needs a halo car to make sure they stick in consumers' minds but I've actually seen quite a few Mitsubishi's driving around in my area of late (Pacific Northwest) so maybe the SUV-only lineup works after all? Maybe the internet has done away with the need for mascot cars?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I guess we'll know when the Charger, Camaro,Mustang and Corvette disappear.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    For me, its a Delica D5 AWC subcompact minivan. Lancer is great and always will be, but I want that van here in diesel. It has such utility.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    I guess we'll know when the Charger, Camaro,Mustang and Corvette disappear.
    I'd rather have the space in my garage than own any of the above cars (& Lancer). Mazda Miata is the only sports car that interests me, but I don't see myself owning one.

I think the Triton pickup truck (instead of the Eclipse Cross) would have put Mitsubishi in more of a North American spotlight.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (07-02-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    For me, its a Delica D5 AWC subcompact minivan. Lancer is great and always will be, but I want that van here in diesel. It has such utility.
    Name:  delica.jpg
Views: 777
Size:  66.6 KB

I found this youtube video of the 2019 Delica van. Looks nice!

This video itself is not the best review of the van; because buddy making the movie barely spends time showing the van stuff like the back.

What about one of those Mercedes Sprinter vans? That's what the furnace people I had here recently drove. You can organize tools well in a good van. Have to dedicate your van for purpose. Anyway, in regular configuration you have 3 rows of seating in the Delica. I noticed they use lots of Mirage parts on the dash area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9fnMb9KdpA

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (07-02-2021)