Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chevy Spark discontinued. Mirage last subcompact standing?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    I'm not up on all cars, so the Yaris and Mazda 2 are also gone? How about the Fit, though Hondas have grown like crazy the last few years.
    Can't speak for Canada, but the Honda Fit is no longer being sold new in the States. 2020 is the last model year for the Honda Fit here.

I'm sad to see any vehicle that offers a manual transmission option disappear.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Can't speak for Canada, but the Honda Fit is no longer being sold new in the States. 2020 is the last model year for the Honda Fit here.

I'm sad to see any vehicle that offers a manual transmission option disappear.
    As am I. Is the Rio or Accent considered a subcompact?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Hold up. Is the colon massager an option on the Mirage? I'm asking for a friend....
    Nah, you gotta be in the $60,000+ segment for that feature.
    '17 Mitsubishi Mirage 1.2L ES Plus 5MT
    '94 Ford Ranger 5.0 Turbo 3 Speed

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp_Daddy_Patty View Post
    Nah, you gotta be in the $60,000+ segment for that feature.
    Or eat a massive amount of Tim Horton's and pinch off a giant deuce.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Some quick googling didn't seem to confirm this information. GM authority has no info on it at all. Seems strange. They do have info on the 2022 spark starting production though.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I want to spend as little as possible to commute! I don't need anything complicated. Dear car companies: stop robbing people with expensive cars, build something for the masses
    I am of the same mindset as you, and many of us on here. Unfortunately, the mindset which represents the biggest portion under the tallest part of the bell-shaped curve, wants to impress their neighbors and piers. With that in mind, they are doing just as you suggest. They are building cars the masses demand. Unfortunately, we and those like us on here are NOT the masses.

In my experience with Toyota, they are great car engineers. But they are even smarter business men. They knock themselves out to try to NOT build anything the buying public does not want. They are diehard capitalists whether they consider themselves to be such or not. Watch their trends, they are building what is in demand.
    Last edited by 7milesout; 07-06-2021 at 02:34 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (07-07-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    However small cars simply don't sell in North America. Everyone wants luxurious interiors, built in colon massagers, and an AC unit for each testicle. Add to that, domestic manufacturers can't seem to make a reliable car to save their own lives, so the general public opinion of these cars seems pretty poor to begin with.
    I find this statement extremely accurate. And wanted to add that because the big 3 have mostly just made a mess out of small cars, that has likely highly influenced the buying public's opinion.

As for machismo and tough idiots, there is plenty of fragile masculinity out there. Being over 6 feet tall, 290lbs, and a bearded skinhead, I've never had the need for a big and tough vehicle to enhance my masculinity.
    I'm of a similar build except the head part. Hair on the head, none on the face. Have to be all "corporate" looking. The corporation doesn't know it, but I'm NOT all corporate thinking. "Better safe than corporate," I always say.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Or eat a massive amount of Tim Horton's and pinch off a giant deuce.
    Hey Dirk. You're in Atlanta. You're not supposed to know about Tim Horton's. The only reason I'm following what it is, is I lived in Michigan for a while and as I remember there was a few Tim Horton's spilled over into Michigan. I did go into that foreign country up there quite a few times and they were everywhere.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (07-06-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Hey Dirk. You're in Atlanta. You're not supposed to know about Tim Horton's. The only reason I'm following what it is, is I lived in Michigan for a while and as I remember there was a few Tim Horton's spilled over into Michigan. I did go into that foreign country up there quite a few times and they were everywhere.
    Besides Poutine and John Candy, Tim Horton's is the only real Canadian thing I know of. So I'm trying to learn as much as I can about our friends in the great white north.

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm trying to figure out whether it's just discontinued for the Korean market or the entire world market ...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Subcompact Culture For This Useful Post:

Fummins (07-07-2021)