Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: P0500 OBD-II error/freakout - tire size related (mismatched sizes)?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    No TPMS on Canadian Mirages.

I think it's entirely ABS / VSS related.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Top Fuel: I've been watching for a used set of Ecopia EP422's ever since you posted that thread.

Surprisingly, used Mirage Enasaves come up far more often. (OK, perhaps not surprisingly.) There's a 2 year-old set of four on steelies in Ottawa for $100 right now.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

The plot thickens...

I finally put the 165/65's on the back of the car again and took it for a spin. There was no Christmas tree freakout. Trip length of 8 km = 5 mi.

I think it took a couple of drive cycles before the lights came on last time, so I'll drive it again tomorrow AM and see what happens.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,742 Times in 2,143 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    The plot thickens...

I finally put the 165/65's on the back of the car again and took it for a spin. There was no Christmas tree freakout. Trip length of 8 km = 5 mi.

I think it took a couple of drive cycles before the lights came on last time, so I'll drive it again tomorrow AM and see what happens.
    This isn't related at all, because you don't have TPMS. But -

After adding a pair of snow tires without sensors - I've driven to work (12+ miles) with no dash light. About half way home, the TPMS light on the dash light up. After that initial time, the light will flash & stay on every time you take off. It takes 15+ miles before the car reacts the first time, however.

If it does light up again, can you turn off your traction/stability control? Our Mirages have a switch for that. Not sure if all markets are the same. For example - some have auto stop & go & other markets don't.

That's the other part of this - Do you have traction/stability control turned on?