Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The kindness of our Mirage family is unrivaled. Shout out to K. McKenzie!

I figure I just piss people off by driving a tiny slow car. I used to hate getting stuck behind those stupid things all the time. Now I'm in the car everybody wants to get around then slow down in front of for no apparent reason.

I had some tard on a bicycle flip me off the other day after I passed him on a residential street. As I was passing the slowest cyclist I've ever seen, he blindly stuck his arm out to make a left turn ahead. I sped up to get around him so he could make his little turn that was coming up. After I got passed him he flipped me off as he was making his turn. I locked up the brakes, pulled a nut and chassed him down to his townhouse parking lot to share my feelings with him. Good times had by me.

Hail the disgruntled softies!

Last edited by Fummins; 08-11-2021 at 10:04 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (08-12-2021),BecauseRaceCar (08-11-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I figure I just piss people off by driving a tiny slow car. I used to hate getting stuck behind those stupid things all the time. Now I'm in the car everybody wants to get around then slow down in front of for no apparent reason.

I had some tard on a bicycle flip me off the other day after I passed him on a residential street. As I was passing the slowest cyclist I've ever seen, he blindly stuck his arm out to make a left turn ahead. I sped up to get around him so he could make his little turn that was coming up. After I got passed him he flipped me off as he was making his turn. I locked up the brakes, pulled a nut and chassed him down to his townhouse parking lot to share my feelings with him. Good times had by me.

Hail the disgruntled softies!
    Lol what'd you say?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Name:  20210812_105851.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  91.0 KBName:  20210812_105902.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  88.7 KB

Installed the OEM armrest and fancy OEM leather shifter knob in the G4! Thank you McKenzie for upgrading our ES to an SE! Minus the touchscreen lol.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

inuvik (08-12-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Name:  20210812_105851.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  91.0 KBName:  20210812_105902.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  88.7 KB

Installed the OEM armrest and fancy OEM leather shifter knob in the G4! Thank you McKenzie for upgrading our ES to an SE! Minus the touchscreen lol.

The touch screen I bought from Dodge Aries K was pretty easy to install, if you want to upgrade in the future.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (08-12-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    The touch screen I bought from Dodge Aries K was pretty easy to install, if you want to upgrade in the future.
    I think that's it for us. My wife isnt crazy about touchscreens, too distracting for her. The armrest works works great for me with the seat all the way back, plenty of elbow room to rest on. My 5'2 wife can even use it when she doesn't have both hands on the wheel. I like the height of it too, better than my Amazon console without my "Elbow Friend" pad. Easy access to the e-brake too. Installation took about 15 mins. The Mitsu instructions were a joke and overly complicated.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    I think that's it for us. My wife isnt crazy about touchscreens, too distracting for her. The armrest works works great for me with the seat all the way back, plenty of elbow room to rest on. My 5'2 wife can even use it when she doesn't have both hands on the wheel. I like the height of it too, better than my Amazon console without my "Elbow Friend" pad. Easy access to the e-brake too. Installation took about 15 mins. The Mitsu instructions were a joke and overly complicated.
    Can you wrap your right hand around the steering wheel & rest your elbow on the armrest at the same time?

Where you have the seat positioned doesn't change the dimensions of your arm. That really makes no difference at all.

Could you really drive your Mirage one handed while your right elbow is resting on the armrest?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    KevMcKenzie - I'd like to upgrade to a manual HVAC. You got any of those laying around? J/K of course, but not kidding about the manual A/C. This "automatic" AC is a friggin joke.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Can you wrap your right hand around the steering wheel & rest your elbow on the armrest at the same time?

Where you have the seat positioned doesn't change the dimensions of your arm. That really makes no difference at all.

Could you really drive your Mirage one handed while your right elbow is resting on the armrest?
    I cannot touch the steering wheel at all with my right elbow resting on the console and yes, I usually drive with my left hand and rest my right elbow. I drop the tilt on the steering wheel all the way down and steer on the bottom left hand side of the wheel. I find it's the most comfortable position for me. What I would give for a telescopic steering wheel! Now the padded console I have in my 2014 is more robust but makes it slightly hard to yank on the e-brake and is wobbly. I like both of the different styles really.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    KevMcKenzie - I'd like to upgrade to a manual HVAC. You got any of those laying around? J/K of course, but not kidding about the manual A/C. This "automatic" AC is a friggin joke.
    Have you checked out your HVAC system? I have the auto AC in my old 2014 and it works great. I just leave it on circulate and 2 bars of fan speed and it keeps me plenty cool in this Atlanta heat.

Have you checked out your HVAC system? I have the auto AC in my old 2014 and it works great. I just leave it on circulate and 2 bars of fan speed and it keeps me plenty cool in this Atlanta heat.
    Yeah, I never use the auto function. I just adjust as needed. I hate it less than when I first started using it. I still would prefer the manual temp controls. I like the lit up button to tell you if the ac is on or not rather than the tiny snowflake on the screen. And switching from defrost to floor and defrost or floor and vent involves pushing the mode button over and over til you get to what you want, then going past it and repeating...Minor complaint, need something to whine about though.

I hate kia's auto temp control. No matter what, every time I drive one the blower motor goes to 3/4 speed right away. It doesn't matter if it's in manual or auto mode.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)