Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The kindness of our Mirage family is unrivaled. Shout out to K. McKenzie!

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I posted pics of 2 different style storage bins that work perfect in the small cup holder. One is the Buddy Dock Bin for $49.99 and the other is the Rubbermaid Automotive Cup Holder Storage Caddy for $12.00 and both are on Amazon. Both give great storage room and look almost factory and are the exact width of the center console. The buddy bin is adjustable back and fourth and tightens and has rubber circular rings to slide over the part that goes into the cupholder to make it super snug. The rubbermaid one has rubber on it too and fits super tight. Cant go wrong with either.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to KevMcKenzie For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (08-06-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    That's my only real complaint about the interior design of the Mirage, besides seat comfort, that the pedals are too close and the steering wheel too far. I imagine Mitsu did this because they thought the majority of owners would be little people and not big galoots like myself.
    Dirk - I find the Mirage fairly comfortable. My 2004 Corolla 5-speed was comfortable too, but it did have an enormous reach to the steering wheel. It was if it were made for the little old ladies who like to drive with their chest against the wheel and their nose on the windshield.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (08-06-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Dirk - I find the Mirage fairly comfortable. My 2004 Corolla 5-speed was comfortable too, but it did have an enormous reach to the steering wheel. It was if it were made for the little old ladies who like to drive with their chest against the wheel and their nose on the windshield.
    My old 2004 Outback wasn't comfortable for me either but that probably has to do with me being 50lbs overweight than anything else.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMcKenzie View Post
    I posted pics of 2 different style storage bins that work perfect in the small cup holder. One is the Buddy Dock Bin for $49.99 and the other is the Rubbermaid Automotive Cup Holder Storage Caddy for $12.00 and both are on Amazon. Both give great storage room and look almost factory and are the exact width of the center console. The buddy bin is adjustable back and fourth and tightens and has rubber circular rings to slide over the part that goes into the cupholder to make it super snug. The rubbermaid one has rubber on it too and fits super tight. Cant go wrong with either.
    Do you like the fold down armrest? I sat in a newer Mirage with one and it felt good but I couldn't quite adjust it to be 180° it dipped just slightly down.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes I do like it. If you lift it all the way up then put it all the way back down until it clicks then you can keep lifting it slowly to the position you want it and stop and it stays there. It adjust to several levels for different seat angles. Its comfortable for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Do you like the fold down armrest? I sat in a newer Mirage with one and it felt good but I couldn't quite adjust it to be 180° it dipped just slightly down.

Class act, KevMcKenzie!

I agree, this community is top notch. We have our moments, but for the most part people are friendly, helpful & more or less try to keep things that way.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (08-09-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Name:  20210809_151116.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  93.4 KB

I GOT IT TODAY! Wow Kevin, Christmas came early! Not only did you send the OEM armrest but all this other cool swag too!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (08-09-2021),inuvik (08-09-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Awesome you got your goody box for you and your wife lol. I have quite a few extras from all the stuff I buy for Mitsubishis lol so I thought you might enjoy a few of the things. Glad it arrived on time!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to KevMcKenzie For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (08-11-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Awesome you got your goody box for you and your wife lol. I have quite a few extras from all the stuff I buy for Mitsubishis lol so I thought you might enjoy a few of the things. Glad it arrived on time!
    For anyone driving a Mitsubishi -

https://www.teepublic.com/sticker/16...subishi-owners

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    I came real close to putting on the lil Mitsu rascal decal on but I was nervous about it flicking the driver behind me off. I figure I'm already pissing drivers off with my 78 HP LOL