Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canada: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage nasty review (auto123.com)

Canada: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage nasty review (auto123.com)

Name:  mitsubishi_mirage_2014_016.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  103.3 KB

Super negative review of the top spec CVT Mirage. I guess this one proves that not all Canadians fit the stereotype of "nice"!

It's packed with nasty adjectives about the styling, handling, perceived quality, drivetrain refinement, etc. Words like: embarrassing, ridiculous, ear-bleeding, off-putting, sad, and uncomfortable.

Her main gripe is one I've seen several times before: the price of the fully loaded top spec car puts it in the same bracket as arguably more refined and larger (if that matters) cars.

Conclusion:

Truthfully? A good, fair comparison for the Mits Mirage would be a ’07 Hyundai Accent hatch or a Toyota Yaris from the same year. Unfortunately for Mitsubishi, both those cars have stellar new versions that are still in the same category, and so far above the Mirage that it’s almost shocking.
    Full review: http://www.auto123.com/en/mitsubishi...4&artid=164037

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I did not like that review haha

Reviewers who just got out of the hospital after kidney stones are always in a terrible mood.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    maybe its that "time" of the month, when she did the review

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    They don't get those in Canada do they? I thought only American women

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ouch, they didn't even mention the Mirage's fuel economy. Although, I will agree that if I were going to spend $17k + tax on a car, it wouldn't be on the Mirage.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    ^ AWD lancer?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grsupercity View Post
    ^ AWD lancer?
    Nope, at that price I'd be looking for a 2013 model year hybrid.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    She compared it to Fiat 500? Seriously? That car's terrible!!
    I finally began to understand why no other car makers (except for Mitsubishi, kudos for the guts) dares to bring their A-segment small cars to US and Canada. The car reviewers are all spoiled brats with no sense of environment at all.
    In Europe they're competing on small cars to bring the most eco-friendly and environmental friendly cars, that is why we have Toyota Aygo, 107 Peugeot, C1 Citroen, VW Up, Skoda Citigo, Seat Mii etc. IF they want to fairly compare the Mirage, they really should compare it to the trio Aygo, C1 and 107. It's even louder, glove box is an OPTION as well as tachometer (ALSO an option). And their base price with all those as optional, still the same as the Mirage which equipped with glove box and tachometer and MID.
    I have driven the C1 version for 3 weeks, don't ask me about comfort of that car, noise level's way higher than Mirage AND I can't even transport a vacuum cleaner because I can't even fit it in the trunk without flipping open the rear seat!@?!@!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    In North America, we buy cars by the pound... like our food. What that means is, we have the "for $xx,xxx, you could buy another car that doesn't even compete in this segment and doesn't even come close to getting this fuel economy, which I never even bothered to mention, which is pretty much the whole point of this car in the first place! Or, you could get a used something-something-something, and get a 90 day warranty and possibly a car that's never even been maintained for less money than this car with a 10 year warranty and 5 year unlimited mile roadside assistance!" Happens all the time. I cant tell you how many times I've read "for the money of a fully loaded Civic, I could get a base model Accord," and this actually makes sense to the author