Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stupid Consumer Reports "report" on Mirage

Unhappy Stupid Consumer Reports "report" on Mirage

Oh dear...

Maybe I shouldn't post this, so they won't get more hits. In the very least turn on your ad blocker before clicking...

2022 Mitsubishi Mirage Would Be the Most Hated Vehicle on Consumer Reports if Not for 1 Popular SUV

2. The Following User Says Thank You to vintzend For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (02-17-2022)

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Human who would never buy budget car complains about how awful budget car is

4. The Following User Says Thank You to skyblue For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-17-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    They say the Mirage is cheap, and it's reliable. So why the low score?? What else do you want from an economy car?

Problem is there are no more economy cars for sale new these days. In USA/Canada at least. So of course the practical and economic Mirage gets thrown to the bottom of the list.

At least the Mirage beat the Jeep Wrangler. I think the Jeep Wrangler Gladiator is the stupidest, and ugliest, vehicle I have ever seen.

I don't mind original Jeeps however.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    They say the Mirage is cheap, and it's reliable. So why the low score?? What else do you want from an economy car?

Problem is there are no more economy cars for sale new these days. In USA/Canada at least. So of course the practical and economic Mirage gets thrown to the bottom of the list.

At least the Mirage beat the Jeep Wrangler. I think the Jeep Wrangler Gladiator is the stupidest, and ugliest, vehicle I have ever seen.

I don't mind original Jeeps however.
    I was parallel parking behind a Jeep Gladiator on Monday night with two driving students. They both thought the Jeep Gladiator was the coolest looking vehicle on the market these days.

Consumer Reports has become a horrible car shopping resource. It goes way beyond the Mirage. I would rate CR lower than they rate the Mirage. Reading their stuff is a waste of time when it comes to cars.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-17-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'm just glad they're still teaching parallel parking. One of my many pet peeves of today is that everything is getting automated. Including parking. Those Hyundai's backing out of the garage.

If people can't drive using their mirrors, should they be driving in the first place!? I get I'm being generalizing and that, but stilll... people should have to know what they are doing.

We live in a world where people can't bake their own cookies, but they can really eat them!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    CR exists for sheep who can't be bothered to do their own research and make up their own minds.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2022 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.1 mpg (US) ... 17.0 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 48.1 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 88coltturbo For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-17-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The only reason I bought my Mirage was because I saw an ad on TV at the dentist, with the tv on the ceiling, "new car for $12,495+ taxes and freight." Always liked Mitsubishi so I took a test drive with my frozen mouth and bought my Mirage that day, not much research, but sometimes it makes sense to buy brand new if you can't fix your own car, and/or are tired of repairs and fixing an old clunker that feels cheaper to just replace with new.

There are things I like about Mirages, things I don't. Mirage doesn't deserve the treatment/presentation that CR gives things, and CR aren't exactly nuanced. They believe in numbers in an irrational way. Kinda stupid. But I guess at worst you have to start somewhere. I mean, what do I know about deep freezers and deep fryers.
    Last edited by dspace9; 02-18-2022 at 05:41 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    "sometimes it makes sense to buy brand new if you can't fix your own car, and/or are tired of repairs"

This^ for my current situation at least. Selling my pre-owned Prius with a very aging OEM HV battery ($3k to replace as quoted by my go-to mechanic) and a weak A/C system ($1k to repair) was the best thing ever happened to me.

I do miss achieving 40-45 MPG daily, rowing gear for hypermilling.

Used car is always a gamble to buy. Can't do that with a new Mirage.

I'm cheap like Mark but I'm also prudent. Buying a new car is an exciting experience! Not so much when it used.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to defensivetackle88 For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (02-18-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I think the Jeep Wrangler Gladiator is the stupidest, and ugliest, vehicle I have ever seen.
    My sister and I both agree with you here. We both say 'ew' when we see one of them in public. For $50,000 CAD I'd prefer for my vehicle to not look like an abomination. Maybe I am too harsh because I'm not a fan of jeeps in general, but I don't think so.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam123 For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (02-18-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam123 View Post
    My sister and I both agree with you here. We both say 'ew' when we see one of them in public. For $50,000 CAD I'd prefer for my vehicle to not look like an abomination. Maybe I am too harsh because I'm not a fan of jeeps in general, but I don't think so.
    I would like a Jeep Gladiator if it had a Toyota powertrain in it with a 4WD manual transmission, & they sold for under $20,000.

I've never been a Jeep fan, but their old 4.0L inline 6 engine has a stellar reputation.

I don't think Fiat has done much to improve Jeep. I would say the same about Renault & Nissan, too.

No $50,000 vehicle looks go to me!