Thread: Scion/Yaris iA vs 21 Mirage 5MT

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

Scion/Yaris iA vs 21 Mirage 5MT. Thought?

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I am very thankful for the outstanding community and contribution here from various users here.

Now, I am shopping for a replacement to the 06 Prius that I have sold. In other words, I'm looking to find a secondary car that practically does the opposite of my primary ie 05 Highlander V6 2WD. Driving the Highlander sucks in town big time.

So to help me narrow down my choices esp at my budget of 13k price point, it comes down to either the 21 Mirage 5MT or Scion/Yaris iA 6MT.

(1. Not a fan of hybrid power terrain and the Honda Fit is out of my budget. Supposedly it less reliable than Mirage? 🤷*♂️)

(2. The Prius is boring and it lack BT and Navi for example, can't stand the fuel bladder tanks plus I don't want to spend $3k on OEM high voltage battery down the road. I definitely don't miss it after 4 years of ownership)

That being said, I have the big itch to drive stick again. It is fun and I love to drive slow as 55 mph on the far right lane of the freeway. Scion Yaris iA serves this purpose really well and so is the Mirage.

I am certain to find a good deal between those twos though it just a matter of time.

Thought maybe I could get your inputs on those two cars that are somewhat different. 🤔 So I guess I should start by asking the question below:

What does the Mirage lack that the iA doesn't overall and vice versa?
    Last edited by defensivetackle88; 08-24-2021 at 11:39 PM.