Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Mirage (shows on Mitsubishi's website in Canada, not yet on U.S.)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Does that mean the price is wrong, or the transmission listed on it is wrong?
    I assume it means the price is wrong because the BE is more expensive than the ES.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I assume it means the price is wrong because the BE is more expensive than the ES.
    A BE starts @ $17,195.

When I build a Infrared BE with nothing extra added, it comes out to $18,475 on the website.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    A BE starts @ $17,195.

When I build a Infrared BE with nothing extra added, it comes out to $18,475 on the website.
    When you go to build a Mirage, the price jumps without adding a single thing extra.

An ES CVT with nothing extra added has a MSRP of $17,125.

A SE CVT with nothing extra added has a MSRP of $19,175.

This is a trend that has not changed since 2017. The difference in the 4 or 5 trim levels offered each year has been a $2,000 price range for all the CVT trim levels.

From our forum members interactions I believe ES 5MT, ES CVT, SE 5MT, & SE CVT trim levels would make more people happy.

A truly base level manual would make the car more appealing for me, but I don't believe that I am the norm by any means.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Standard Forward Collision Mitigation with Pedestrian Detection (FCM)

Manual transmission & Standard Forward Collision Mitigation with Pedestrian Detection (FCM) -

I hadn't given this much thought until someone brought it up in the comment section of a Mirage review on You Tube.

Subaru for example has cut back on their manual transmission offerings. One of the reasons given has been the emergency braking features being added to more models and trim levels.

I have sort of felt all these extra safety features may be the final "nail in the coffin" for manual vehicles some day.

Yet, Mitsubishi started offering Standard Forward Collision Mitigation with Pedestrian Detection (FCM) in all their vehicles in 2021, & the Mirage ES manual & G4 manual are included.

That gives me some hope!

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    that mags design from the SE is old its on 2016 model why did they still using it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by allrock View Post
    that mags design from the SE is old its on 2016 model why did they still using it.
    We don't have a 2016 model.

Very little makes sense to me -

2014-15 the ES was the top trim level

2017+ it became the base trim level

For years, the SE was sort of the mid-trim level here.

Since 2021+, the SE has become the top trim level.

I'm not sure much has change from 2021 to 2022 other than the Carbonite Edition became the BE.

If you bought a 2021 Mirage, I think the same trim level 2022 Mirage may be the exact same car? It sounds newer when you say it, however!

Who's bright idea was it to create and switch up so many different trim levels like this? Why couldn't they just keep things simple and consistent?

Like you said Mark, two trims per transmission choice would be more than enough! A stripper trim and a fully loaded trim would meet the needs of two different buyers. Not to mention, Mitsubishi went through the trouble of making a hatchback and a sedan!

Legacy Auto (Mitsubishi) should take note of how Tesla sells cars completely online. You choose your model, you choose your options, and then you simply checkout! All that's left to do is you wait for delivery as you receive notifications and communications via text, email or phone about the status of your order!

Tesla has two trims, long range or performance, take your pick. The add-on options are yours to choose. There, simple and i didn't even have to visit a crumby stealer-ship.
    Last edited by davidricardo86; 12-19-2021 at 12:53 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by davidricardo86 View Post
    Who's bright idea was it to create and switch up so many different trim levels like this? Why couldn't they just keep things simple and consistent?

Like you said Mark, two trims per transmission choice would be more than enough! A stripper trim and a fully loaded trim would meet the needs of two different buyers. Not to mention, Mitsubishi went through the trouble of making a hatchback and a sedan!

Legacy Auto (Mitsubishi) should take note of how Tesla sells cars completely online. You choose your model, you choose your options, and then you simply checkout! All that's left to do is you wait for delivery as you receive notifications and communications via text, email or phone about the status of your order!

Tesla has two trims, long range or performance, take your pick. The add-on options are yours to choose. There, simple and i didn't even have to visit a crumby stealer-ship.
    Probably easier to buy a car made to order that manufactured in California verses a car built in Thailand, but I get your point.

I don't see the point of having 4 different trim levels that are only $2,000 difference in price (ES to the SE), and it's been this way since 2017, too.

I don't feel the Mirage is marketed very well. Yet, the Mighty Mirage has survived while others have faded away.

Probably easier to buy a car made to order that manufactured in California verses a car built in Thailand, but I get your point.
    I wonder what would've happened if Mitsubishi had kept their Normal, IL plant open and started producing the Mirage locally! I'm in Chicago so i could've gone and picked up my Mirage factory-direct! But we all know the ICE age stealer-ship cronies fight tooth and nail to prevent this from happening and would rather continue being the middle men. Just saying.

I imagined an Illinois, USA made Mirage with easy online ordering and curbside pickup, seems all the rage these days ever since the cough-demic started. I do like that White Bear will arrange shipping of a Mirage to my house. That's very convenient! I really don't need to go to the dealership to test drive a Mirage or complete the financing. Would be nice to do it from home.

And you know what? Plenty of cars are made locally here in USA, Canada and Mexico yet simple online ordering isn't a thing. It's crazy to think that a car made in Thailand then shipped across the globe can be cheaper than if it were just made at Mitsubishi's old Normal, IL plant!

I don't see the point of having 4 different trim levels that are only $2,000 difference in price (ES to the SE), and it's been this way since 2017, too.
    Bean counters probably?

I don't feel the Mirage is marketed very well. Yet, the Mighty Mirage has survived while others have faded away.
    No it is not! When was the last time you saw a Mirage commercial let alone a Mitsubishi commercial?

Then again, as an example Tesla doesn't advertise or market yet they can't keep up with the demand for their EVs! It's all about word of mouth, like in this Mirage community here. When people go looking for more information about the Mirage, the algorithm finds us!
    Last edited by davidricardo86; 12-19-2021 at 09:40 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidricardo86 View Post
    I wonder what would've happened if Mitsubishi had kept their Normal, IL plant open and started producing the Mirage locally! I'm in Chicago so i could've gone and picked up my Mirage factory-direct! But we all know the ICE age stealer-ship cronies fight tooth and nail to prevent this from happening and would rather continue being the middle men. Just saying.
    While that's true for the most part, just think, if a buyer could actually buy factory direct, there would really be no advantage to it unless there were a discount for skipping the middle man. And then purchases from the factory would swell, and dealerships would begin to loose out.

And dealerships have traditionally been necessary. They still are, for a lot of buyers. And of course dealerships have their own expenses and must make a profit on top of those expenses, in order to continue to exist. The only way to buy factory direct is if the "factory" allowed a dealership to work there, and process the sales within the confines of the factory. Said "factory dealership" would have to transfer all the buyer's info to a dealership local to the buyer for service. It would be somewhat complex. Nothing that couldn't be handled though.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)