Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the New Ford Maverick and on what your next vehicle will be

I always go back and forth about what I'm doing the next day. I should keep my turd car til it rusts away. That'd make the most sense financially. But making sense gets boring.
    I want something new one year. I've been eyeing the new Prius but they're getting close to 10k more than the ferd.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    My plan is to buy one of these once my Subaru Baja dies... probably from rotting apart. The thing still runs great but I'm pretty sure underneath is more holey than swiss cheese.
    My 2001 Outback 3.0 flat 6 had the same powertrain as the Baja IIRC.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I always go back and forth about what I'm doing the next day. I should keep my turd car til it rusts away. That'd make the most sense financially. But making sense gets boring.
    I want something new one year. I've been eyeing the new Prius but they're getting close to 10k more than the ferd.
    The Maverick is just a fancy El Camino with extra seats. I want one bad but I don't really need a truck. It'd be a poser pavement princess truck.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I took a look at the Maverick again. It looks like the base XL model now comes standard with cruise control and with it a higher msrp...
    Other than being a Ford, the lack of cruise was kind of a drag. I'm sure I read that people were able to just install the buttons and activate it though.

I just did a build and price for a 2023 base XL Hybrid model. The only thing I'd add on is a $200 full-size spare, which seems expensive but I probably couldn't source a new wheel and tire for any less. I was never really all that serious about buying one of these things and I'm still not really, but I did spot a Cactus grey Hybrid XL at a dealer today... It has some goofy co-pilot crap added on but with it comes a free spare tire so it's only an unwanted $500 option that I could probably/hopefully shut off.
    I stole this pic from somewhere else but it's the same color.
    That's the exact spec and color I want... just can't find a dealer to sell one at or under MSRP... all still with ridiculous markups that I simply wont pay
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    My 2001 Outback 3.0 flat 6 had the same powertrain as the Baja IIRC.
    Sadly no. I have a 2.5L H-4, I wish it had the H-6. They only had the 2.5L though... Either n/a like mine or a turbo one like the Forester XT but screw that I don't want that added headache to keep it alive.
    -Karl B. 2015 Mirage DE CVT Utility Machine (and lots of other cars)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Sadly no. I have a 2.5L H-4, I wish it had the H-6. They only had the 2.5L though... Either n/a like mine or a turbo one like the Forester XT but screw that I don't want that added headache to keep it alive.
    Yeah my Outback was a money pit. Leaked oil, steel rusted out quick, electronic gremlins, I loved that wagon but after 100k miles it feel apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    That's the exact spec and color I want... just can't find a dealer to sell one at or under MSRP... all still with ridiculous markups that I simply wont pay
    I'm curious to see how much this one would cost after fee's, and to see what interest rates are available. I did do the online inquire form and am surprised they haven't called yet. Ford offers 7.49%! I don't want to pay $5k in interest so I think I'll probably keep my car for now.

Holy crap I looked up Mavericks on Kijij across Canada. I guess the rona prices are still here...
    This stealer want's $48k for a used XL model... This makes that $33k one look like a steal in comparison!
    https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...8646?undefined
    Last edited by Fummins; 04-05-2023 at 04:22 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Too expensive for what it worths

Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post
    Too expensive for what it worths
    Yeah, 48k is too much. 33k for a new one, I dunno. This is Canada money so it's $24,500usd. It's fine.
    It's all relative... I wouldn't pay $20k for a new Mirage but I did for a toy that I beat the snot out of and only use a handful of times a year.
    I've wanted to get something different for a while, but I'm always torn and never wanted a payment. If I can have something paid off in 3 years I'd probably give it a go.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    So can you buy a $3k cap for your Maverick and turn it into a crossover with the exception you can't access anything in the box from the interior? What exactly is the point the Maverick is trying to make when Ford had the Explorer Sport Trac failure and Suburu had the Baja, Honda Ridgeline, Avalanche? I get Detroit doubles down on their failures but when you double the price of your prior failure do you really expect the new improved model to fly off the shelves?

I give both the new Ranger and the Maverick 3-5 years before they get axed. My Vue has nearly the same hp/torque as the Mav but my Vue is better equipped (IMO) and a nicer vehicle overall.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)