Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
Even if that were to be true, and it might, it would be worth every single penny in premium of the Ferd. I designed there. I know what they do. They don't play games. I also designed for Hyundai-Kia. They play games. I threw up every night.
In general I agree. My dad had a (fairly new) ford in the 90s and the tie rod broke while driving. He hasn't bought anything but Japanese since. I also live in a place where I know a lot of people working in the industry, though no one at Ford specifically. It's clear the other American brands definitely cut corners, where Toyota specifically definitely does not. That being said, there really isn't a new car today that likely wouldn't be able to make it to 200 k miles with preventative maintenance, and Ford does pay special attention to their trucks for reliability, which is part of the reasons its one of their only sectors that have thrived. It remains to be seen if this will transfer over to the Maverick, which honestly has more SUV DNA, but I would be willing to bet what issues may come from that car will not be from the engine. I will definitely give it time to be heavily tested though.

The hell was happening at Hyundai that was making you puke???